Contributory Parent Visa Granted

Guest Gollywobbler

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi all

Contributory Parent applicants might be interested to know that my Mum's visa (CP 143) was granted on Friday 15 September. Her application was lodged on 29 November 2005, so that is about 9.5 months. It has taken about 3 days for the news to sink in fully.

Cheers

Gill

Congratulations!! What a relief and just hoping that we will not be too far behind. AOS lodged 7th Sept so hoping to hear within the next few weeks to pay 2nd VAC. What are you going to do with all that spare time Gill???

Regards Linda (budababes) :D

Guest Nathan & Mandie

Thats great news Gill. I am sure I speak for all us Poms, please still keep in touch on the site as your valued advice is always greatly appreciated by all.

Best Wishes

Mandie

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Ladies

Thanks very much for your kind words. Linda, I hope you will get your visa really soon. The Centrelink bit seems to crawl really slowly but the rest happens quite quickly.

Nico, I haven't had a PM from you, so in addition to not being able to receive them, you don't seem to be able to send them either. I'll send you a PM with my e-mail address so that you can get round the problem that way if you wish.

I've sent Mum's passport off today. She's talking about going back to Oz on Friday 6th October, but I want to make sure her passport is back with no mistakes in the visa-label before I shell out any money to an airline! (Linda, I took your advice and scoured the Grant Letter to make sure that there were no errors in dates or anything in that. Luckily it is accurate.)

Mum will be 86 tomorrow, so this is the best birthday prezzy she could ever have had. However, I had to smile when I saw that the Grant Letter solemnly advised us that Condition XXXX has been imposed on Mum's visa. I can't remember its number, but it says with great gravity that this Condition requires that Mum must not marry before entering Australia. She has been a widow for the last 15 years and she would be enterprising indeed to marry again at her age, I feel!

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill,

Congratulations to your mum and indeed yourself after all your hard work. I hope this doesn't mean you won't be a regular on the site as I for one would miss your posts.

Best wishes to your mum for her new 'permanent' life in Australia.

Anita x

Guest austibeach

Congratulations, it's really encouraging to see your Mum's success and in 9 1/2 months.........that would do us nicely when the time comes.

It would be great if you continued to be involved as you seem to be at the heart of so much on here.......your advice would be much appreciated.

Eric.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi everyone

I just want to thank everyone on here - from the bottom of my heart - for having been absolute stalwarts, encouraging me when I've had doubts about whether we were really doing the right thing for Mum and so on. The kindness on this website is a beacon of light. It really is.

Thanks again

Gill

Guest THE JONEZYS

FANTASTIC NEWS GILL :!: :!:

Hope you and your mum have a lovely day day together celebrating her birthday and visa. You must be feeling very proud that after all the hard work and extreeeeeeme patience, things have worked out. I do hope you will keep posting though as you are always ready to share what you know and if its not very much, then just your kind words, have, I am sure helped many people on here :D

Well done :!:

Lesleyxx

:D HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GILL'S MUM :!: ... and well done to you, Gill. You deserve a very big pat on the back. I hope things go well from here on and that you visit sometime soon yourself. Your mum is obviously very fortunate to have such a wonderful daughter!

Congratulations, on all counts :!:

Guest Gollywobbler

Thanks again everyone

For all Parents still waiting, Anne H's Mum's visa was granted today. Their application was lodged on 17 November 2005.

There is a cluster of parents with lodgement dates ranging from mid-September 2005 to end November 2005 whose visas have either now been granted or are in the final stages and are not far away now. About 8 applications that I know about, and obviously there will be more that I don't know about.

I'd say that - despite the POPC's own admission that they are desperately short-staffed which is causing delays - they can't be far off getting all the applications lodged before 31st December 2005 granted and cleared.

I would imagine that they will be keen to do this so that they can start making significant inroads into the applications lodged during 2006.

Good luck eevrybody.

Gill

xx

Hi Gill, must add to the "thank you's" already sent to you from all of us who have been so patient waiting for our visas. You may have read that Carol Haycock has now received her visa - granted 13th Sept and she heard today!!! So it is looking hopeful for us to receive request for 2nd VAC soon and maybe ours will be granted by mid Oct - late Oct!!! The timing suits us well, giving us time to complete on our house and spend some time with friends and relatives before leaving U.K. early in the New Year. Hope mum had a good birthday - bet she did under the circumstances. Also so pleased that Anne's mum is now sorted and what a relief for you all?? Thanks again and keep posting!!! Regards Linda :)

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi Gill, must add to the "thank you's" already sent to you from all of us who have been so patient waiting for our visas. You may have read that Carol Haycock has now received her visa - granted 13th Sept and she heard today!!! So it is looking hopeful for us to receive request for 2nd VAC soon and maybe ours will be granted by mid Oct - late Oct!!! The timing suits us well, giving us time to complete on our house and spend some time with friends and relatives before leaving U.K. early in the New Year. Hope mum had a good birthday - bet she did under the circumstances. Also so pleased that Anne's mum is now sorted and what a relief for you all?? Thanks again and keep posting!!! Regards Linda :)

Hi Linda and thanks for your message

Yes, I had seen that Carol's post earlier that her visa was granted on the 13th. If you can, I would be grateful if you could let her know that I am aware, I care, and I am delighted for her? What I fail to understand is why/how she didn't know about it until today? What is wrong with e-mail?

But never mind because it has been sorted.

At some point, I intend to draw a line in the sand and to depart from these forums. Inside myself, I can feel a "Departure Process" happening. My personal belief about the forums is that they serve each of us brilliantly for a moment, but that that moment passes. People who were not in limbo land before consign themselves to it for a while. Then they move out of it, into the sun. The air is not fresh, fragrant and healthy in Valhalla aka Limbo. DIMA controls that dump!

However I think it is dangerous territory to stay involved in this 'grey place' for too long. I actually have a thing called 'A Life' OUTSIDE of this 'DIMA-ZOMBIE' rubbish and I would like to return to it soon. Normally, I breathe fresh air on boats and pit my wits against Old Nick out on the oggin in my spare time.

I have put my entire life on 'hold' for a year in order to get this visa sorted for Mum. That is now done. I am not interested in becoming a dinosaur. I feel that it is time for me to move on and to leave it to the 'next generation' of visa-applicants to thrash their own solutions out for themselves, without further interference from me.

You are a wise lady, Linda. Whaddya reckon, please?

Best wishes

Gill

Hi Gill, I echo your sentiments entirely! Once all this visa stuff is out of the way I doubt very much whether I will be too involved in the forums but must admit that it has been so helpful being able to watch the progress of others and let off steam when things were going oh so SLOWLY! best of luck in getting back to normal and enjoying your life to the full - that is what we intend to do too - can't wait now to join Adrian & Emma. May meet again in Cyber space sometime but whatever, all the best to you and your family - life is too short to spend it all in front of a computer eh? - regards Linda :)

Guest daisydeeds

Congratulations!!!! both for your mums birthday and for the granting of the visa. We have been sitting waiting with baited breath for you and Im so happy that it has all worked out with you. Hope your mum has a good flight over!

Daisydeeds

"I have put my entire life on 'hold' for a year in order to get this visa sorted for Mum. That is now done. I am not interested in becoming a dinosaur. I feel that it is time for me to move on and to leave it to the 'next generation' of visa-applicants to thrash their own solutions out for themselves, without further interference from me."

Gill I don't blame you, I think you have been a great help to many people on this forum and we all appreciate that. Your posts will continue to help others so time for some you-time! Go have fun on boats, we'll still all be here when you get back, waiting, worrying, celebrating and I'm sure in time we'll all dwindle off into our new lives too.

GO BREATHE SOME FRESH AIR!!!

Cheers, Beki x

Guest Gollywobbler
HI GILL

CONGRATULATION ON THE GOOD NEWS,IAM SO PLEASED FOR YOU AND YOUR MOTHER.

WELL DONE

NICK

Hi Nick

I have heard this morning that some other applicants, who know either Janet Frayne or Carol Haycock (not sure which) lodged their Contributory Parent application on 29 November 2005, the same as my Mum, and that they have just heard from their CO, asking for their meds and PCCs.

Would this be yourselves by any happy chance, since I know that you lodged your application at about the same time as my Mum hers, which was 29 November 2005?

If not, your turn will be very soon now. It is very good news that they have started processing applications lodged so late last November because it might well mean that they have made a start on the December 2005 applications as well.

I've booked my Mum's flight to Perth on October 7 this morning.I wish I had kept my mouth shut about the double baggage-allowance, however. She wants to go shopping this arvo, which sounds ominous! I reckon she's going to try to buy 40kg of stuff to take with her unless I can restrain her from going mad in the shops! Because we have to get two Zimmer frames (or rigid and the other collapsible, plus Mum's folding swheelchair into the car, there is no way that my Golf will cope if she wants to take two suitcases and assorted hand-luggage as well! My OH has a Volvo Estate and if he is not working that day I can press-gang him into action with that, but he is a Marine Superintendent so it depends what is happening with the ships as to whether he'll be around on the 7th and there is no way he would let me loose with his precious Volvo! I don't think I would be able to maneovre such a big car anyway!

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill

Thanks you for your Email,my wife and myself unfortunately have not heard anything.my application was lodge on the 13dec 2005 at perth,we have sent our police checks off to perth but not our medicals ,on the advice of our agent.We are hoping to go to perth were my daughter is a school teacher and try it for 6 month, and if we dont like it,we can go down to sydney were our son lives with is wife and 2 grandchildren ruby a lola.Iam starting to wonder if perth has forgot about us.

AGAIN THANKS ALL YOUR ADVICE.

NICK

Archived