Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Best Australian City

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      11320 times
      Rep
      Perths only winning because it's a shorter flight.

Keyser Söze Was Real. :shocked::yes:

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      1307 times
      Rep
      I'm not sure you'll get much info worth having, without trying to be a cock about it

For starters it's obviously subjective depending on what people like. For seconds you'll probably not find a single person who has lived in all of them and can really comment from a position of experience. You'll find few enough who have even visited them

Title
      Liked
      84 times
      Rep
      I loved Brisbane when I lived there, and I loved Cairns when I visited it (just loved the feel of the place)...and I hated Sydney.

Title
      Liked
      166 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by ozziepom View Post
      Yeah, Gold Coast is #6, ahead of newcastle and canberra and would get my vote - its a love it or hate it place though!
      Plus 1 and even the Gold Coast has varied areas with beach suburbs, in the mountains, inland, the hinterland, suburbs with large houses and blocks, small towns, high density living, new estates, gated complexes. In other words what works for me, may drive you mad, but move a few kilometres and you may find living there suits you and your family.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      30150 times
      Rep
      Come on you Smellburnians where is your vote. Lived in Melbourne and Cairns, they are like chalk and cheese but Cairns gets my vote
      olly likes this.
      If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Title
      Liked
      67 times
      Rep
      OK, I 'fess up. I voted for Melbourne! I live in Brisbane though. I prefer Sydney for visiting but I could definitely see myself living in Melbourne. One of those multi-million beachside houses in St Kilda or Brighton would do nicely...

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      656 times
      Rep
      . Having just had a burst of humid-type weather here in Melbourne, I always like the fact that we get the cooler weather (yes it is cranky and cold sometimes....) but I do like to rug up in the winter, walk through the autumn leaves at this time of year, and then see the new leaves of spring grow. I love to visit Sydney, but wouldn't live there. Adelaide I like for all kinds of reasons, a small but pretty and family kind of place. I even like Canberra, except for all the politicians, lol, and even though it is man made etc......my friends who live there love it and don't want anyone to discover it..........Melbourne is an acquired taste for some, but if you know it intimately as I do, you could well find yourself really liking it - there is something for everyone. In fact I have lived here all my life and am still discovering things around the city I haven't been to, especially some of the fantastic bike tracks and parks and gardens.
      If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.”
      John Quincy Adams

Title
      Liked
      1739 times
      Rep
      I live in Perth but I would put it 2nd, I have to put Melbourne 1st for me I just love the place it just has a great vibe and feel about it that I just can't explain, there are so many places I could tell you that I love but I would go on and on. Perth is alot quieter and has a better climate and at times I have a love/hate relationship with those things. I have to say I have'nt seen all of the Cities. Adelaide is lovely and Sydney is a beautiful City but very very busy. Will get to Darwin,Cairns,Brisbane and the Gold Coast one day. I am really looking forward to going to Tasmania though been told it is just gorgeous by alot of people, sorry no interest in Canberra.............

Laney x
      Last edited by Irishgirl1; 02-03-2012 at 07:53 AM.

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      404 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by harpodom View Post
      Only allowed 10 in the pole.
      Skills submitted Vettassess 23-09-11 Positive return 29-11-11, IELTS 9th Nov R8.5 L8.5 W8 S9 overall 8.5, WA SS applied 05-12-11 WA SS granted 13-12-11 176 Visa submitted 13-12-11 CO appointed 04-01-11, Visa Granted 27-01-12

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      404 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by snifter View Post
      Good idea. Perhaps change the name of the poll to use that? Just a suggestion if that was the intent of the poll, not which is the best city as that's a bit misleading. 'Which city did you settle in?' works well :)
      Good idea
      Skills submitted Vettassess 23-09-11 Positive return 29-11-11, IELTS 9th Nov R8.5 L8.5 W8 S9 overall 8.5, WA SS applied 05-12-11 WA SS granted 13-12-11 176 Visa submitted 13-12-11 CO appointed 04-01-11, Visa Granted 27-01-12

•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast