Help .... Get me outta here ..... I need your reassurance please !

Love Shoes

What should I do I need reassurance please guys  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What should I do I need reassurance please guys

• Go to Oz next month
    • Go to Oz in April with the dog

Does anyone think I should stay in the UK bored, cold and lonely or go to join my OH in OZ like next week?

I have had enough, my eldest dog had to be put to sleep two week ago, I am depressed here, I am being driven to distraction by two young dogs fighting all day, mine and my sons, he is working all day, so I have 2 to walk and look after, they just won't settle, on her own mine is fine, she just wants to chill.

My MIL has offered to look after her until she is ready to travel early April, I was hoping to travel with her myself next month but not sure now ........ If she goes in March it will mean two months in quarantine at 40 plus dollars a day for 60 days or so in Sydney and we are in Brissy. Not fair on her really, but I don't think I can stand staying here until April I will go mad .......I could fly back to the uk regularly for far less than the quarantine fees, so I can probably see moreof her. She loves my mil and fil and is used to them, so it makes sense for her to be with family rather than stuck in a kennel for two months..

If she stays with mil she will be cared for well, only have one month in quarantine, and mil is very competent.

I feel so guilty leaving her, but think it might be better for her in the long run, I have spoken with the animal courier and she thinks it is a better idea than travelling early.

Advic please ...... Plus I am missing OH ........... Why can't I have them both ...... At the same time .....

Guest AKA63029

GO, GO, GO my friend. Easy to say I know Shoes, but in the grand scheme of things YOUR mindset has to be the main concern. Your best mate will be OK, as a dog lover I hesitate to say this but.

If cared and looked after (which sounds the case) matey will be fine, miss you of course, but nonetheless fine. YOUR emotions are in a way being transferred to best mate, I'm sure though she will miss you, but not nearly as much as you will her.

This is 'just' my opinion Shoes and I hope I have said it in a way that doesn't cause offence, but YOU have to be careful with what has been going on lately, get yourself out there with other half and hopefully your mind will be preoccupied enough and the time will fly.

Cheers Tony.

You know my thoughts Shoes. Pack those bags, get your shoes on and be with your hubby.

AC xx

Shoes .....Mm heard today that they are somewhere off the coast of Africa lol ....... I have brought one pair of CAT boots and a pair of suede wedge ankle boots with me, so deciding which shoes will be easy.

Lol

Thanks for the reassurance, just hope oh is up for this ....

Guest AKA63029

On a far more psychological level Shoes, (did I tell you I have read Freud,:laugh:) you have 'probably' become even more reliant on matey since your husband has been away AND the death of your other dog. NOT saying you weren't before, but if like me when going through a hard time I often 'rely' on my dog(s) to listen to me and give me some form of 'solace', ridiculous I know. :eek: But at the present time I reckon your world to a degree revolves around Mutley, nothing wrong in that, very natural my friend, but you need to look after YOURSELF, and then you will be in a far better place to look after everyone else (dogs included).

Here endeth the lesson in amateur psychology, or rather speaking from my arse.

Cheers Tony.

I hope you're not still reading this thread and instead are booking a flight and getting your wee butt over here.

Everyone's covered it - puppy will be fine, it's bloody annoying but true that they cope better with all of this than we do. Your MIL will look after her brilliantly (although you'll probably need to retrain her a bit when she's in Oz she'll be that spoilt!)

:)

Guest nikkidel

I would be on the plane in a heartbeat if possible. I'm sure your dog will be fine with your MIL, and if it saves time in quarantine and saves money then great. And if it was me, I wouldn't want to be away from my hubby until April...

I really think it would be best for you to go. God knows it's hard leaving your pooch, but they are incredibly fickle and he'll settle in fine. Were you to sit down and give him the choice, I reckon he'd chose your MIL over a kennel or seeing his "mum" unhappy for any longer. I also reckon that you losing your other pooch is affecting your decision-making as you are still missing him/her. Go soon, with a non-guilty conscience knowing that you are doing the best thing (I believe) by doing so. You must be missing your husband sooo much too - so I think you owe it to yourselves.

Oh has emailed me, not spoke on skype yet, but he wants me over ASAP, looking at the end of February.

Just looked out of he windo at the terrible weather and realised I am doing the best thing.

Will keep you all posted, thanks for your messages and support, greatly appreciated.

X x

Oh has emailed me, not spoke on skype yet, but he wants me over ASAP, looking at the end of February.

Just looked out of he windo at the terrible weather and realised I am doing the best thing.

Will keep you all posted, thanks for your messages and support, greatly appreciated.

X x

Fantastic news Shoes!!!

I booked our tickets through opodo.co.uk they were quite a bit cheaper than direct with the airlines. Always worth a look.

AC

So.. Are you on that plane yet. get yourself over here.

Not yet, lol

I haven't even skyped with oh yet, he is not answering :arghh::arghh:

He is probably on the phone to his mil.

Had some more good news ..... My daughter in law is returning back to the uk, she left for Kenya 10 days go, my son was supposed to join her, and they were starting a fresh over there. We were obviously worried about him going there, their plans have been like an eastenders episode ,

..the saga continues lol ......