9/11 America Remembers

Guest The Pom Queen

Guest The Pom Queen

They have just done the minute silences. What I find annoying is how Ch 7 feel that listening to them reading out all the names of those who have died is not good news and keep flitting between. I'm sorry but I want to hear and remember ALL the names of the ones that were lost.

Shame no one remembers the thousands of other innocents that have been killed since 9/11 in the name of finding Osama and CO!

No amount of deaths will bring back the 3,000 died (may there souls rest in peace and give strength to their loved ones) and thevoid they have left in many lives but the govt of the day decided to inflict that pain on thousands\millions of others!

Guest The Pom Queen
just turned over, not on here till 10pm, how weird is that...must be late in Cairns.

It's 23:20 but as it's live I wouldn't have thought that would have mattered:wubclub:

Shame no one remembers the thousands of other innocents that have been killed since 9/11 in the name of finding Osama and CO!

No amount of deaths will bring back the 3,000 died (may there souls rest in peace and give strength to their loved ones) and thevoid they have left in many lives but the govt of the day decided to inflict that pain on thousands\millions of others!

I just knew someone would bring this up, it happens every time a nation tries to remember it's own people..It happens when we try and remember the British soldiers who have died in Afghanistan someone always says what about the innocents who have died in Afghanistan.

Why don't you start a thread about them if this memorial service upsets you so much.

I just knew someone would bring this up, it happens every time a nation tries to remember it's own people..It happens when we try and remember the British soldiers who have died in Afghanistan someone always says what about the innocents who have died in Afghanistan.

Why don't you start a thread about them if this memorial service upsets you so much.

You cannot isolate the dead in afghanistan from the dead in america they go hand in hand as they were killed in the subsequent war that was a result of the attacks!

Guest Guest 47403
You cannot isolate the dead in afghanistan from the dead in america they go hand in hand as they were killed in the subsequent war that was a result of the attacks!

No you can't really isolate the 2 they go hand in hand, neither can you isolate the thousands killed, terrorised and displaced by the taliban.

It is all a chain of events if Islamic extremists hadn't killed nearly 3000 people in such an horrific way then there would not have been the subsequent deaths from the invasion of Afganistan.

But a nation should be able mourn, honour and pay there respects to there dead without other agendas being raised.

Guest guest37336
No you can't really isolate the 2 they go hand in hand, neither can you isolate the thousands killed, terrorised and displaced by the taliban.

It is all a chain of events if Islamic extremists hadn't killed nearly 3000 people in such an horrific way then there would not have been the subsequent deaths from the invasion of Afganistan.

But a nation should be able mourn, honour and pay there respects to there dead without other agendas being raised.

Agree mate.

Unfortunately collateral :mad::mad: damage happens in many wars, since the beginning of time this has been the case. And whilst I feel truly sorry for the innocent men, woman and children killed in the most recent war in Iraq I see nothing wrong in mourning the loss of 'innocents' in the USA.

I as most do abhor war in all forms, and I disagree totally with the Iraq war, but to my mind that is by the by, because through no fault of their own many paid the price for many different reasons, some sound, and some not so.

The loss of life by 'bystanders' as it were is terrible, and those in the USA and Iraq have every right to mourn the death of their friends, family and countryman without being judged about the why's and wherefores of how they deal with their grief, and to a degree the patriotism shown at this time.:notworthy:

Cheers Tony.

Guest guest17301

There have been many deaths from many different wars throughout the years....thats the nature of war and greed and dictators and out and out loonies who believe in their cause. We remember 9/11 because never before has there been such a blatant/in your face attack on civilians by clearly deranged fundamentalists. All in the name of RELIGION. God rest all the poor souls lost to war in every country. It could all be so simple if people didnt have to ram their own ideas down peoples throats. Tolerance is all it takes. That and lack of Greed.

Yes but this thread was remembering the people who died in the twin towers, start a thread on the other innocents and I will leave a comment saying what a waste of life it was and I promise I will not mention the people who died in the towers.