• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Results 1 to 10 of 12
    1. #1

      Title
      PomsInOz Chatter Box
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Posts
      8,398
      Liked
      212 times
      Rep

      Sleepy Bye Byes.

      OK, strange question (and lets keep it clean, ) but what (if anything) do you think about just before you enter the land of Nod Nod,.

      I can sleep anywhere, and I mean anywhere, give me a horizontal surface and I will fall asleep, BUT.

      It often takes me an hour or two to finally fall asleep, always been the same, never been able to climb between the covets and go off like a light.

      Loads of things go through my mind, completely random most of the time, but I often lie there contemplating many things and conundrums before I am anywhere near to falling asleep.

      To be honest I enjoy it as well, gives me a chance to think things through and try and sort stuff out,. I won't go into detail, but the vast majority of the time I thread on here what I thought about the night before,, so I guess you could imagine what I think about.

      But what, if anything do you think about, get as personal as you like,, funny, serious, entertaining.

      PS. The only place I go off like a light is on board an aircraft, no other thoughts except for what I am going to do in Australia, but this is an expensive substitute for sleep, so can't do it too often,

      Cheers Tony.
      Last edited by guest37336; 20-07-2011 at 06:59 AM.


    2. #2

      Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Posts
      6,877
      Liked
      1894 times
      Rep
      up untill id read your posts tony i had great difficulty in sleeping--now ive got a collection of your 10 most famous threads/posts,and low,and behold after reading less than half of them im snoring like a trooperthanks for that mate i owe you big stylebut before that it wuz just 3-4 hours of in,and out every night with the missus,i still do the same now,but at 53 i get rather tired,and find i need a coffee break half way through--i always take a flask to bed with me now,as some evenings im to tired to get to the kitchen
      luvs sadie-the cleaning lady

    3. #3

      Title
      PomsInOz Chatter Box
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Posts
      8,398
      Liked
      212 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by sh7t man no way View Post
      up untill id read your posts tony i had great difficulty in sleeping--now ive got a collection of your 10 most famous threads/posts,and low,and behold after reading less than half of them im snoring like a trooperthanks for that mate i owe you big stylebut before that it wuz just 3-4 hours of in,and out every night with the missus,i still do the same now,but at 53 i get rather tired,and find i need a coffee break half way through--i always take a flask to bed with me now,as some evenings im to tired to get to the kitchen
      Hello Alan.

      Where have you been hiding?

      I'm glad that a few of my threads manage to send you to byes byes, I do my best.

      I am officially going to be given a prize in Mods soon for the most 'Boring' threader of all time.

      It's only a small ceremony and I have my acceptance speech ready, I think the 'guest' list will be very short as a consequence

      Though some may see this as an insult, I have never won anything in my life, so any 'Acknowledgment' in my eyes is a good thing.

      Cheers Tony.
      Last edited by guest37336; 20-07-2011 at 07:10 AM.

    4. #4

      Title
      PomsInOz Chatter Box
      Join Date
      May 2009
      Location
      Karratha/Tasmania
      Posts
      13,639
      Liked
      1762 times
      Rep
      I do listen to BBC world Service..although I am told I must wear head phones now as Mr Siam finds it boring all through the night.

      I was so used to drifting off to talk radio... LBC, Talksport or Radio London...

      God knows what my London son will think of Radio Georgetown when he arrives in December, I dont think the 90 year old biddy presenters will cut it with him tbh

      So in answer to your question (lol).. current affairs are my thoughts before the REM take effect!

      Susie x
      Every picture tells a story!

    5. #5

      Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Join Date
      Mar 2011
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      4,124
      Liked
      2768 times
      Rep
      I imagine myself as homeless, living in a swag in thick woodlands, snuggled up in a sleeping bag with it starting to snow with a strong wind blowing.

      Usually takes me a minute or two to drift off.

    6. #6

      Title
      PomsInOz Chatter Box
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Posts
      8,398
      Liked
      212 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by siamsusie View Post
      I do listen to BBC world Service..although I am told I must wear head phones now as Mr Siam finds it boring all through the night.

      I was so used to drifting off to talk radio... LBC, Talksport or Radio London...

      God knows what my London son will think of Radio Georgetown when he arrives in December, I dont think the 90 year old biddy presenters will cut it with him tbh

      So in answer to your question (lol).. current affairs are my thoughts before the REM take effect!

      Susie x
      I get that REM as well Susie, trouble is it's with me all day and called a 'Facial Tick'.

      I used to be able to listen to music to send me byes byes Susie, but somehow Rocking All Over The World by the Quo, played at full volume no longer cuts it.

      Even tried the shipping forecast once, but found myself worrying about the fisherman in 'Viking, Force Three, Strengthening To Ten' and how they would cope,

      Cheers Tony.

    7. #7

      Title
      PomsInOz Chatter Box
      Join Date
      May 2009
      Location
      Karratha/Tasmania
      Posts
      13,639
      Liked
      1762 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Save The Lemming View Post
      I get that REM as well Susie, trouble is it's with me all day and called a 'Facial Tick'.

      I used to be able to listen to music to send me byes byes Susie, but somehow Rocking All Over The World by the Quo, played at full volume no longer cuts it.

      Even tried the shipping forecast once, but found myself worrying about the fisherman in 'Viking, Force Three, Strengthening To Ten' and how they would cope,

      Cheers Tony.

      It was always the dogga byte that worried me on the shipping forecast Tony
      Every picture tells a story!

    8. #8

      Title
      PomsInOz Chatter Box
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Posts
      8,398
      Liked
      212 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by siamsusie View Post
      It was always the dogga byte that worried me on the shipping forecast Tony

    9. #9

      Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Posts
      6,877
      Liked
      1894 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Save The Lemming View Post
      Hello Alan.

      Where have you been hiding?

      I'm glad that a few of my threads manage to send you to byes byes, I do my best.

      I am officially going to be given a prize in Mods soon for the most 'Boring' threader of all time.

      It's only a small ceremony and I have my acceptance speech ready, I think the 'guest' list will be very short as a consequence

      Though some may see this as an insult, I have never won anything in my life, so any 'Acknowledgment' in my eyes is a good thing.

      Cheers Tony.
      i find your threads awe inspiring tony the fill me with a sense of purpose in this none inspiring world we live inthats enough sucking one feels--ive been pretty flat out this year,and only in the last few days,ive allowed myself the pleasure of your uplifting company--you are indeed a true legend of pio.and have surpassed all my expectations of you in the earlier days--white socks still do it for me though
      luvs sadie-the cleaning lady

    10. #10

      Title
      Platinum Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      cornwall
      Posts
      725
      Liked
      11 times
      Rep
      I need a cool room to sleep in, the air-con took a hammering when I was in Oz, even have the window open in the winter.

     

  •  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. good byes, so hard
      By TRACEY & PETER in forum News, Chat & Dilemmas
      Replies: 18
      Last Post: 18-07-2010, 07:58 PM
    2. Sleepy dull adelaide.
      By rockola57 in forum South Australia
      Replies: 28
      Last Post: 22-02-2010, 04:03 AM

    Tags for this Thread

    Other AMF Group Forums: Perth Poms | Poms in Adelaide | Life in Queensland | Life in Victoria | Life in Sydney | British Expats Abroad

    Copyright © 2005 - 2014 PomsInOz.com
    All times are GMT. The time now is 03:55 AM.