Vetassess Jan 2011 results

Guest jabaspurs

Guest jabaspurs

Hi, just seeing if anyone who did there pratical assessments in January 2011 have received there results yet. I know they said you'll hear within 10 days and it's 8 at the moment but i just need to know as i feel i'm constantly checking my emails and it's doing my head in wailting. :wacko:

Hi, just seeing if anyone who did there pratical assessments in January 2011 have received there results yet. I know they said you'll hear within 10 days and it's 8 at the moment but i just need to know as i feel i'm constantly checking my emails and it's doing my head in wailting. :wacko:

I think you may mean february ,give them a chance they only got back to work monday:biggrin:,there's a lot of us waiting and we all feel them same:wacko:.but I think in the visa experance you have to get used to waiting.

Guest jabaspurs
I think you may mean february ,give them a chance they only got back to work monday:biggrin:,there's a lot of us waiting and we all feel them same:wacko:.but I think in the visa experance you have to get used to waiting.

Sorry did mean Feb and thanks for the info regarding the waiting time. Might give me a chance to decorate the house and try and save money at the same time lol

Hi, I'm new on here. We are waiting for results from last week too! I'm logging on to Vetassess far too often, so know how you feel. Do they email the result too? I think it wouldn't be so bad if there was time to do re-takes but with the new points system coming in, this is our only chance. Good luck and let us know when you find out.

I'm waiting for results from last week too.

So far the Migration agency haven't heard anything. Vetassess generally email then send out a paper copy later. They email so you can lodge your application straight away, if that's what you are waiting on.

I need to lodge our application by next Thursday as my OH will be 45 on the Friday!!!

So it's all a bit tense at the moment. Failing that we will have to wait to July and reapply under the new points system. Luckily they are upping the age limit. (phew)

Good luck to everyone and hoping you all get a PASS xxx

Guest jabaspurs
Hi, I'm new on here. We are waiting for results from last week too! I'm logging on to Vetassess far too often, so know how you feel. Do they email the result too? I think it wouldn't be so bad if there was time to do re-takes but with the new points system coming in, this is our only chance. Good luck and let us know when you find out.

Think they email it to you but bear in mind that they are in Australia so you'll more than like receive in the early hours (UK time). Were also hoping to get visa's etc done before 1st July.

Will let you know when i receive the email from Vetassess and the result.

I'm waiting for results from last week too.

So far the Migration agency haven't heard anything. Vetassess generally email then send out a paper copy later. They email so you can lodge your application straight away, if that's what you are waiting on.

I need to lodge our application by next Thursday as my OH will be 45 on the Friday!!!

So it's all a bit tense at the moment. Failing that we will have to wait to July and reapply under the new points system. Luckily they are upping the age limit. (phew)

Good luck to everyone and hoping you all get a PASS xxx

I asked my agent yesturday if we could put in are SS with vetassess email and he said no ,we would have to wait till the paperwork arrived from oz,no two people ever give you the same advice ,I do hope your right as your cutting it a bit fine ,good luck.

Kev.

I asked my agent yesturday if we could put in are SS with vetassess email and he said no ,we would have to wait till the paperwork arrived from oz,no two people ever give you the same advice ,I do hope your right as your cutting it a bit fine ,good luck.

Kev.

Hi Kev,

I think us cutting it fine is an understatement!

We are going on a 176 Family Sponsored Visa and not applying for SS.

The agent will lodge our application electronically so no paperwork needed yet.

We just need the email confirmation of a Yay or Nay before they can lodge it. Once it's lodged and gets round to getting looked at they will have a hard copy certificate.

There is no point lodging the application until we know if my OH has passed as if he fails it would be a waste of time and money.

That's how I see it, but like you say no two people ever give you the same advice.

We did start the process last year and had to wait two months after the Vetassess theory for a date for the practical which was then a further 6 week wait.

After consultation with the migration agents we did have to make a decision to either go for it and hope for the best or to not bother, and being the fly by the seat of our pants couple that we are we decided to just 'Go For It'

We knew that we would be on an extremely tight schedule to meet the age criteria but just had to give it a go.

Good luck to you too, and I'll let you know what happens

Mandy :animal-frog:

Good luck Mandy, hope you get a 'successful' in time! I can't even look at the Visa forms until I know if we have passed with Vetassess.

I don't know what we'll do if it's unsuccessful as there are no practicals in the UK on there up to August. I wonder if they will add any. Our agent hasn't mentioned any other options to us if we fail.

Jabaspurs - I have a world time app on my phone, so when I wake up stressed out in the night I can check the time in Melbourne before checking my email!

Good luck Mandy, hope you get a 'successful' in time! I can't even look at the Visa forms until I know if we have passed with Vetassess.

I don't know what we'll do if it's unsuccessful as there are no practicals in the UK on there up to August. I wonder if they will add any. Our agent hasn't mentioned any other options to us if we fail.

Thank you HoneyandTimmy

I will let you know once we know something... If it's a fail I think we will go back to the drawing board and have to save up before we apply again, I have read that NZ are speeding through Tradespeople at the moment so that might be an option, Plus no quarantine for our pampered pooches. So that might be worth considering for us.

After we have obviously got over the fact that we can't live in a country that we love. But I'm not giving up just yet! The fat lady is humming but not yet singing.

Good luck to you too

Mandy xxx

I guess NZ is an option for us too, although much prefer Oz. Anywhere is better than here!

Did anyone else have to do written tests at their practical? We weren't expecting that as it didn't say in the info.

My OH did the written test at home, we didn't actually realise that it was a theory test that you had to pass before you were put through to the practicals.

Other men on the practical day had said that they had got there's sent back as they hadn't written enough and it was sent back due to 'lack of information'

So they had to do it again and sent it back off.

We found that the boxes that they give you to fill in on i.e How would you prepare footings? were not large enough so we just used a separate piece of A4 paper for each question and that gave my OH enough room to explain everything from start to finish, including what safety gear he would use and what tools.

It was time consuming and took us ages as I had to rewrite it all as my OH's writing is pretty scrawly.

We did have a long wait to find out when he would be put through to the practical exam.

Hope that helps

Mandy xxx

Thanks Mandy, that's interesting as we weren't given the option to do that at home. I'm really, really worried to be honest as although I know he's done fine on the actual practical, I don't know how he's done on the paper assessment as he's very dyslexic. I specifically asked our agent before starting any of this process if there was a written test and he said there wasn't. I checked through all the Vetassess info on what to expect on the day too, and again there was nothing about a written test, just interview questions. I feel that if he fails due to his dyslexia it will be really unfair as he's very good at his job. :cry: I wish they'd hurry up and put us out of our misery.