Website for schools/Good Newcastle suburbs to live in

MariaL

Hi

Pls can someone advise me if there is a website to look up schools like ofsted reports in England or similar. Also some good names of good suburb areas to live in Newcastle we are just waiting for 457 visa and my hubbys work office will be based near New Lambton. We would like to be out of the city a good bit like but not sure of the areas and the relocation company wants some areas we would like to live in.

Many thanks:biggrin:

Hi there, as far as suburbs and schools go, New lambton is one of the best ones. I have 2 kids (soon to be 3) at New Lambton Public School which is great. It is the only school in Newcastle with no grass, but don't let that put you off!! My lot came from a school with massive playing fields over looking Edinburgh and the Firth of Forth and it doesn't bother them. My younger 2 go to New Lambton Heights Infants which tends to feed into NLPS in year 3. They have a massive field which is lovely. New Lambton and New Lambton Heights are both nice suburbs, New Lambton is flatter, walkable to shops and has parks, while The Heights has trees, hills and is a bit easier to access the hospital, uni and the Lake, and is about 15-20 mins drive from the centre of Newcastle.

Other nice suburbs are Kotara, Adamstown and Adamstown Heights or areas at the Lake such as Eelebana and Warners Bay.

Please feel free to pm me if you want more info about the schools.

Sandra x

So Sandra has sold you new lambton I shall try sell you kotara. I have 3 boys in Kotara south public school New Page 1 A small school with big grounds. They started this time last year and have loved every moment of it. Kotara is a lovely suburb with a row of local shops and within 15 mins walking distance of westfield shopping center. Most people in the area have lived here years. We have a couple of parks nearby and a bike track. if i can help any more let me know

Archived