HELP! Long term holiday lets in sydney

Guest Julo

Dear All,

I'm hoping someone can help me...

We are moving to sydney on the 23rd October, we ideally want to rent a holiday apartment where we could extend our stay if needed.

We have been searching the web all weekend and have failed to come up with anything for less than $2000/£1000 for 2 weeks. I thought this was really expensive ( i know sydney is expensive anyway) but is it the going rate?:wacko:

We thought an apartment would be ideal as we will be going for interviews all over sydney and need something where we can have a good nights sleep. In Sydney there only seems to be hostels or expensive hotels. We don't want anything fancy just cheap, central and own bathroom.

I have access to a number of journals online as i work in a university so have access to all the booklets on the Work Australia site so i could in return email you these! :yes:

If anyone has any advice or sites that they can recommend i would be eternally greatful! At this rate we won't have any savings left

Thanks

Julo x

Thanks Jayne I will have a look now.

We want a place that we can stay until we find jobs and find an area we want to settle in. I have visions of us getting stuck into a rental agreement somewhere awful and really far out becuase we have to rush into!

I ususally use Stayz - No 1 in Holiday Accommodation Rentals but, yes, apartments in central Sydney are going to be expensive! Wotif.com: Hotels, Accommodation, Motels, Serviced Apartments, B&B - Online hotel bookings with instant confirmation is also usually very good for cheaper rates but they may not be registering late October just yet - you can put in a search for apartments.

Thanks Quoll! i will have a look. I'm not sure if i should wait to see if the prices drop closer to the date or if we will end up with less choice and paying even more?!? this is more stressful than the visa process!!!

Archived