Looking For A Good Hairdresser

blondie

Can anybody please help.

Since arriving in Sydney last September I have had so many bad haircuts and colours that I have lost count of the times I've said "Never mind, it will soon grow out".

My OH and son have come out of the barbers with chunks of hair missing, literally !!

Does anybody know of a good, reasonably priced hairdresser in the North West of Sydney, I'M DESPERATE :arghh:

Thanks

Blondie (well, more like brown with blonde bits now)

Guest Jaynie

Hi Blondie,

I know the feeling, taken me ages to find a good one over here, if you can get up to Gosford my hairdresser is great, his name is Rory Douglas he did his training with Andrew Collinge in Liverpool and he's great, lovely bloke too, hell of a Hike from where you live but you could make a day of it on the Central Coast. My Hubbie goes to see him too also my daughter and most of the girls I work with!

Hope this helps:yes:

Guest oddsinoz

Hi

Like you, it takes me ages to find a good hairdresser -We moved every few years in the UK and it seemed that, just as I found a great stylist, it was time to leave again! :wacko:

I was recommended SABA hair in Parramatta by a beautitian and although have only been there once recently- for a colour and cut - I was really impressed and will be going back.

Here is a link to their sight Saba Hair Parramatta - Award Winning Hair Salon, Hair dressing Sydney

I had Toni do my hair but the owner is also highly recommended - Helene

Good luck

Guest Brickie

You have to make sure that the hairdresser is called Pierre or Antwan and has all manner of girlieisms before they are any good. :wubclub:

Guest The Stevenses

A friend of mine recently had her hair cut and coloured at a salon nearby in Castle Towers, Castle Hill, not sure of the name of it (very useful, I know) but she said it was up by the old cinema. She was very impressed with it and came out feeling like a million dollars. I will find out the name of it and let you know.

Am also thinking of venturing there myself as have only had one haircut since I got here 3 months ago and apart from it not being very good the whole experience was rather wierd!!

Jo

A friend of mine recently had her hair cut and coloured at a salon nearby in Castle Towers, Castle Hill, not sure of the name of it (very useful, I know) but she said it was up by the old cinema. She was very impressed with it and came out feeling like a million dollars. I will find out the name of it and let you know.

Am also thinking of venturing there myself as have only had one haircut since I got here 3 months ago and apart from it not being very good the whole experience was rather wierd!!

Jo

Any chance of finding out the name, sorry I don't know where the old cinema is.

Thanks for your help

Guest Sunsh1ne

Hi

If you're ever at the Northern beaches I understand Cassidy's in Freshwater/Harbord is very good. They've won awards year after year for best hairdressers so they may be worth a try.

Out of desperation (and before I knew of the above) I walked into the nearest Just Cuts -have to say I was pleasantly surprised (or was that relief) that I looked not that dissimilar to what I expected !

Good luck.

Sunsh1ne

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Like you, it takes me ages to find a good hairdresser -We moved every few years in the UK and it seemed that, just as I found a great stylist, it was time to leave again! :wacko:

I was recommended SABA hair in Parramatta by a beautitian and although have only been there once recently- for a colour and cut - I was really impressed and will be going back.

Here is a link to their sight Saba Hair Parramatta - Award Winning Hair Salon, Hair dressing Sydney

I had Toni do my hair but the owner is also highly recommended - Helene

Good luck

Hi

I have just got back from the Saba hairdressers, Toni did a colour for me and it looks great, the horrible brown stripes have gone ! Thank you so much for your help, hopefully it looks like my search has ended.

Blondie (with no brown bits)

Guest The Stevenses

Glad you found somewhere, it is such a pain trying to find a good hairdresser.

Glad you got there in the end!!

Jo

Glad you found somewhere, it is such a pain trying to find a good hairdresser.

Glad you got there in the end!!

Jo

Thanks for that Jo, the one in Castle Towers couldn't fit me in. I found out today I have an interview on Tuesday morning so it was all a bit of a rush to get the colour sorted out.

Now I have to spend the week-end in front of the computer brushing up the skills (and teaching myself Powerpoint) !

Have a good week-end

Alison (aka Blondie)

Guest The Stevenses

Good luck with the interview, am also job hunting at the moment, finding it all very frustrating, but am sure something will come up in the end.

Good luck again and you'll feel even more confident with a nice new hair do too!! Imagine going to an interview on a bad hair day - wouldn't be good!!

Jo

Guest beaneybunch

I had this conversation with a friend last week, she is Australian returned from living overseas, she went to a few local salons (North Shores Area) and interviewed the stylists (we laughed a lot), but it worked for her and I have to say her hair always looks good.

Guest oddsinoz
Hi

I have just got back from the Saba hairdressers, Toni did a colour for me and it looks great, the horrible brown stripes have gone ! Thank you so much for your help, hopefully it looks like my search has ended.

Blondie (with no brown bits)

Glad you found SABA good.

Guest Davidgolf

Hi i know what u mean about finding a good hairdresser,:yes: i am a hairdresser and work in a salon over here and i am still looking for a cut cutter lol :wacko:

Sharon x

Guest donovan

anyone know of any mobile hairdressers on the Gold Coast pref nr Pacific Pines

I normally go to Next international @ Helensvale but they charge too much

Sarah x

• 5 weeks later...

Archived