Lunch at "The Oaks' in Neutral Bay for my birthday on ANZAC Day!

MARYROSE02

I went over with my brother, took us half an hour from Surry Hills, walk to Central, train to Wynyard, bus over the Harbour Bridge and straight up the expressway to Military Road. Met a friend of ours in The Oaks, couple of drinks, fish and chips, dessert, coffee, and my friend gave me a bottle of Bollinger champagne for my birthday which is a great present, as I've never had Bollinger before. We went home the same way, bus to QVB from Neutral Bay Junction, train from Town Hall to Central, walk back to my place.

There were soldiers and sailors everywhere, and on the train from Town Hall, a group of pipers to entertain us!

I got my first job in Australia in Neutral Bay in 1979, when I first started going to The Oaks. I like it but it is somewhat expensive. We were lucky with the weather as it was sunny until about 4, but then we had heavy rain and hail. That would have played havoc with the marches.