Ballina, Byron, Lismore, Tweed

Anyone living around the northern rivers. Ballina, Byron, Lismore or Tweed etc.

Looking into the area as a move away from the big smoke. Anyone living or moved up that way have any advise, stories to share.

Edited by Guest
typo

• 3 weeks later...

The flooding is one of the first things i noted when considering the northern rivers. I have friends who have purchased in Lismore and been flooded out :-S

Ring the councils and ask about a flood map, to show which streets flood. Lismore floods, so does Ballina quite often. If you dont mind being a bit further south Yamba is very nice.

Seem some great properties between Tweed Heads - Ocean Shores. Would have to commute either way but plenty of hospital jobs Tweed / lismore / byron-ballina

It's a long time since I've been up that way, must put that right soon. Byron is a trendy area isn't it, or parts of it anyway? They are all decent sized towns/small cities, so I guess if you can get a job, your life would be OK. I liked Tweed Heads.

• 1 month later...

I lived down Ballina for 4-5months for work. I think its a great place skinners head is were i lived 5min walk to beach and 10min drive to Lennox Head whats a awesome place, not busy or too many holiday makers. I would happily live there, once I got my visa sorted be looking it to it and the house are not to bad to rent. :D

• 1 month later...