Is the inner-city suburb of Ultimo in Sydney safe?

Maz08

Its very central to Sydney CBD packed with high Density Security Units between streets of Federation Terraces. Very popular with Students / backpackers and DINKS. There is quite a few housing commission blocks and boarding houses dotted around. The crime rate is as you would expect for a city centre but with vigilance you should be ok. The whole area is covered with CCTV.

I work as a District Nurse in the area and don't feel unsafe during the day to day and of course you can walk to pretty much every where in the city. Too much traffic for me but then I dream of fresh air and country side

• 7 months later...
Its very central to Sydney CBD packed with high Density Security Units between streets of Federation Terraces. Very popular with Students / backpackers and DINKS. There is quite a few housing commission blocks and boarding houses dotted around. The crime rate is as you would expect for a city centre but with vigilance you should be ok. The whole area is covered with CCTV.

I work as a District Nurse in the area and don't feel unsafe during the day to day and of course you can walk to pretty much every where in the city. Too much traffic for me but then I dream of fresh air and country side

Sorry to but in on this thread, but i noticed that you said you were a district nurse.

We are moving over in about 7 or 8 months, and my wife is a district nurse. We have some links like seek and http://nswhealth.erecruit.com.au/ to look for work, but other than that, we don't know too much about community/district nursing in the greater Sydney area.

Would it be possible to ask a few things about it? Stuff that might seem very obvious to you, but things thatvare hard to work out from the net/search.

ta!