Seven year anniversary

It was seven years ago that we landed in Perth leaving a snowy day in Glasgow for a rainy one in Perth!

What a journey it has been since then and we have now been back in Scotland for 2.5 years, we have celebrated 'Landing in Australia' Day every year, although since moving back it has been 'Thanksgiving Day' - a time to reflect on what we have to be grateful for, as not appreciating what we had is probably why we moved in the first place.

Yesterday was very low key, until FB reminded me I'd forgotten but we quickly put together a celebration meal - fish & chips followed by chocolate fudge cake in honour of the many celebrations we had in Perth at Fremantle Fishing Harbour or with a Woolies fudge cake :)

And so I asked the family for one thing they were grateful to have lived in Australia for and one thing they were grateful to live in Scotland for.

DS went first - he was grateful for the friends he made in Perth and is grateful for going to a good school, having lots of friends and being happy in Scotland.

DH struggled to be sensible but said he was glad to have tried and got it out of his system and as for being grateful to live in Scotland he said he is happier here - his first answer was 'it's not Australia' - still some work to do there I think!

As for me I am grateful for truly learning that happiness is not a place it's a state of mind and I am grateful for all the really good friends I have in Scotland.

A friend posted this on FB which sums it up nicely - and whether in Scotland, Perth or Timbuktu the same applies. It just took my trip around the world to realise that there is no place on earth where it's always amazing, so much happier now I've stopped looking for that place! And since the place doesn't exist I'd rather be with the people that do.

Life.jpg

Life.jpg

It was seven years ago that we landed in Perth leaving a snowy day in Glasgow for a rainy one in Perth!

What a journey it has been since then and we have now been back in Scotland for 2.5 years, we have celebrated 'Landing in Australia' Day every year, although since moving back it has been 'Thanksgiving Day' - a time to reflect on what we have to be grateful for, as not appreciating what we had is probably why we moved in the first place.

Yesterday was very low key, until FB reminded me I'd forgotten but we quickly put together a celebration meal - fish & chips followed by chocolate fudge cake in honour of the many celebrations we had in Perth at Fremantle Fishing Harbour or with a Woolies fudge cake :)

And so I asked the family for one thing they were grateful to have lived in Australia for and one thing they were grateful to live in Scotland for.

DS went first - he was grateful for the friends he made in Perth and is grateful for going to a good school, having lots of friends and being happy in Scotland.

DH struggled to be sensible but said he was glad to have tried and got it out of his system and as for being grateful to live in Scotland he said he is happier here - his first answer was 'it's not Australia' - still some work to do there I think!

LR - As for me I am grateful for truly learning that happiness is not a place it's a state of mind and I am grateful for all the really good friends I have in Scotland.

Lovely post LR - My observations above in bold :) Common theme all round really!