If Labour manages to win the General Election...

Rainman

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're probably right, just wishful thinking on my part.

What scares me is we go through the process of applying for her Visa, just for her to be refused on some silly technicality as has been reported in the UK papers occasionally.

Or form a coalition Government, can anyone see the current Spouse Visa rules reverting back to something like they use to be prior to the changes in 2012?

Would be fabulous if they did but can't see it happening anytime soon if at all.

If Labour manages to win the general election..... ......then I feel very sorry for my family members left in the UK, bankrupsy on its way again! Unfortunately I believe UKIP will have an influence which every way it goes.

S

It would be fantastic fo the working man if labour won the election, the NHS is being privatised and only the rich will be able to get quick treatment, it is already taking a toll over the last 5 years with people not getting treatment or decent care in the NHS.

It would be fantastic fo the working man if labour won the election, the NHS is being privatised and only the rich will be able to get quick treatment, it is already taking a toll over the last 5 years with people not getting treatment or decent care in the NHS.

what a load of tosh. No one is privatising the NHS. It's still free and I don't know why you think the rich get treatment more quickly. When my mum was diagnosed with cancer, she started chemo within 3 days. When I had to have urgent lung tests I got them in 2 days. The NHS does have problems but on the whole it's pretty good. It is run badly and huge demands have been placed on it over winter but that usually happens. According to govt figures, spending has been ring fenced and not cut either.

The Australan medical system has more privatisation than the NHS. GPs are private, so are pathology services, dentists and most doctors do not bulk bill so you end up paying something for an appointment and there is no flat fee for prescriptions.

Whoever wins the election, the UK is buggered as none of the parties are competent to run the country and resolve its problems. The UK has developed a blame culture and is on a downward spiral until politicians can do something positive. Im just glad i left.

If Labour manages to win the general election..... ......then I feel very sorry for my family members left in the UK, bankrupsy on its way again! Unfortunately I believe UKIP will have an influence which every way it goes.

S

Nah - I'll just mean some rich people won't be as rich, and some poor people will be a bit better off. That's assuming it's a real labour govt, and not Tory lite like last time.

There ya go again! Contradicting your oft touted opinion that the NHS is the best care system in the world.

Nah - I'll just mean some rich people won't be as rich, and some poor people will be a bit better off. That's assuming it's a real labour govt, and not Tory lite like last time.

Labour will increase taxes for all...

What did the last labour government do? 20% VAT rate?

Taxes under the conservative government have been cut for the majority of people. Tax free allowances removed for those earning over 100k..

Labour will also increase business taxes, and put back the 50% rate of tax on those earning over £150k ... this will deter business from operating in Britain.

At the same time they will borrow **** loads of money and get us in more debt... pump up a minimum wage which in actual fact will just drive faster inflation... those wage rises get passed on.

Labour will be doom for this place. I hope for my families sake they don't win.

what a load of tosh. No one is privatising the nhs. It's still free and i don't know why you think the rich get treatment more quickly. When my mum was diagnosed with cancer, she started chemo within 3 days. When i had to have urgent lung tests i got them in 2 days. The nhs does have problems but on the whole it's pretty good. It is run badly and huge demands have been placed on it over winter but that usually happens. According to govt figures, spending has been ring fenced and not cut either.

The australan medical system has more privatisation than the nhs. Gps are private, so are pathology services, dentists and most doctors do not bulk bill so you end up paying something for an appointment and there is no flat fee for prescriptions.

Whoever wins the election, the uk is buggered as none of the parties are competent to run the country and resolve its problems. The uk has developed a blame culture and is on a downward spiral until politicians can do something positive. Im just glad i left.

rich people because they can afford private treatment, the wait for cancer diagnosis is 12 weeks thats 3 months of worry and stress, the tories have been in power 5 years and waiting times have shot up, ambulances take hours to get to a person in difficulty, people with mental health problems are homeless on the streets because the nasty party has shut all the mental health hospitals and care,the nhs is being privatised by this inept nasty government

Taxes under the conservative government have been cut for the majority of people. Tax free allowances removed for those earning over 100k..

Labour will also increase business taxes, and put back the 50% rate of tax on those earning over £150k ... this will deter business from operating in Britain.

At the same time they will borrow **** loads of money and get us in more debt... pump up a minimum wage which in actual fact will just drive faster inflation... those wage rises get passed on.

Where do you think the money has to come from if people want a decent NHS> UNDER A GOOSEBERRY TREE...... The tories raise money from taking it from the poor whilst protecting bankers bonuses....we need a rise in national insurance for a better health service and everyone who has been asked agrees with paying a little more for a better health service

Although the last Labour government did many unforgivable things, to be fair I think you'll find it was the Tories who increased VAT to 20%

Like what?

Off the top off my head.......mass murder in the middle east, scrapping MIRAS, robbing peoples private pension funds for about 7 billion per year, selling all our gold at a record low price, flooding the country with over 3.5 million immigrants, failing to reduce the countries debt despite 7 years of record tax receipts.........let me know if you need any more, because there is many, many more :wink:

Labour has no interest in the working man, I still live in the UK and I haven't heard of anyone saying they haven't had decent care. The NHS budget hasn't been cut by the coalition.

Off the top off my head.......mass murder in the middle east, scrapping MIRAS, robbing peoples private pension funds for about 7 billion per year, selling all our gold at a record low price, flooding the country with over 3.5 million immigrants, failing to reduce the countries debt despite 7 years of record tax receipts.........let me know if you need any more, because there is many, many more :wink:

All parties agreed to the war for a start. When did labour rob personal pensions? Record number of immigrants under this government plus they are good for the UK, more borrowing in 5 years under this government than 10 years of labour. Half the gold stock was sold at more than the price of gold today, anymore I can debunk

Edited by Perthbum

Where do you think the money has to come from if people want a decent NHS> UNDER A GOOSEBERRY TREE...... The tories raise money from taking it from the poor whilst protecting bankers bonuses....we need a rise in national insurance for a better health service and everyone who has been asked agrees with paying a little more for a better health service

I obviously haven't been asked about a rise in my NI Contributions... (considering National Insurance doesn't actually solely fund the NHS it seems many are also mis-informed).

I think we pay enough taxes, the NHS like most government bodies is massively inefficient with the money it has.

And whoever said the Tories punish the working man to benefit the rich...

All parties agreed to the war for a start. When did labour rob personal pensions? Record number of immigrants under this government plus they are good for the UK, more borrowing in 5 years under this government than 10 years of labour. Half the gold stock was sold at more than the price of gold today, anymore I can debunk

Whilst you are correct about the levels of immigration being higher now it is levels of immigration we cant control. The levels of immigration under labour were much more controllable.

Whilst you are correct about the levels of immigration being higher now it is levels of immigration we cant control. The levels of immigration under labour were much more controllable.

We're they? Maybe in the early years... It was labour who opened the "floodgates" wasn't It?