Going home in 2 weeks

Soozan

I've really tried hard to give NSW a go but it definitely isn't for me. Been here almost 8 months and I've never laughed since I got here. My 2 children (11 and 9) aren't happy either, they can't get used to not playing out and they feel quite lonely. We've had some amazing experiences but we're definitely ready to go back to the UK.

My husband went ahead and booked the flights this morning, he will have to stay here for a while - we're unsure as to when he will be able to return. Even though it was OH who booked the flights for us, will we still need signed forms for the kids to go back with me?

The kids and I are happy to be going back, but I feel so numb at the moment not knowing when I'll see my husband again. I feel so confused, anyone else felt the same as me?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't seem to be the done thing over here. We haven't seen any children playing in the streets, my daughter loved playing out back home. I KNOW there are sports clubs over here, but my two aren't into sports they just like playing. They have plenty of friends over but it gets a bit much for me as the OH works really long hours. There are many reasons why we aren't happy here, that is just one of them.

Australia isn't for everyone.

It doesn't seem to be the done thing over here. We haven't seen any children playing in the streets, my daughter loved playing out back home. I KNOW there are sports clubs over here, but my two aren't into sports they just like playing. They have plenty of friends over but it gets a bit much for me as the OH works really long hours. There are many reasons why we aren't happy here, that is just one of them.

Australia isn't for everyone.

Maybe you just picked the wrong part of Aus. Never had problems with my kids being outside here, plenty of parks where they can go with their friends and the beach is just down the road.

Guest The Pom Queen

Oh hun part of me is happy for you and part of me is sad that you won't see your husband for a while.

Unless there is a chance your husband is going to stay here forever then no he won't need to sign anything to allow you to go back, it's only in custody cases where the parents have split up.

How long do you think it will be before your husband can join you? Maybe he is hoping you will go back and then want to return?

Guest The Pom Queen
Maybe you just picked the wrong part of Aus. Never had problems with my kids being outside here, plenty of parks where they can go with their friends and the beach is just down the road.

Melbourne was the same for us, never any kids playing out, up here is different although the kids are a lot younger than mine

Oh hun part of me is happy for you and part of me is sad that you won't see your husband for a while.

Unless there is a chance your husband is going to stay here forever then no he won't need to sign anything to allow you to go back, it's only in custody cases where the parents have split up.

How long do you think it will be before your husband can join you? Maybe he is hoping you will go back and then want to return?

Thank you, I'm devastated that he can't come with us. We had to give up everything when we moved over here, we were under the impression that we would be able to save a good enough amount of money to buy another house when we got back but sadly that isn't the case. We wanted to rent out our home but because of the economy in England and our honesty we couldn't get a buy to let mortgage and only found out a week before we flew.

It will be cheaper for me and the kids to go back and stay with friends initially, my husband will try to find a job back home but in the meantime will stay with friends here till he can save a decent amount of cash for us to restart our lives.

We have no idea how long he will be here for but I know he is unhappy too. This isn't living, it's just existing and life is far too short to just exist.

Guest The Pom Queen
Thank you, I'm devastated that he can't come with us. We had to give up everything when we moved over here, we were under the impression that we would be able to save a good enough amount of money to buy another house when we got back but sadly that isn't the case. We wanted to rent out our home but because of the economy in England and our honesty we couldn't get a buy to let mortgage and only found out a week before we flew.

It will be cheaper for me and the kids to go back and stay with friends initially, my husband will try to find a job back home but in the meantime will stay with friends here till he can save a decent amount of cash for us to restart our lives.

We have no idea how long he will be here for but I know he is unhappy too. This isn't living, it's just existing and life is far too short to just exist.

Hopefully it won't be too long, as he got a good job here? Thankfully you both have friends here and in the UK who can help. Personally I could never go back to the UK but we are all different, I have travelled around a lot of Australia and realised there are some beautiful places, to me Melbourne was very much like the UK, but in Cairns it's paradise, I love the FNQ.

When do you go back? :hug: Kate

Hopefully it won't be too long, as he got a good job here? Thankfully you both have friends here and in the UK who can help. Personally I could never go back to the UK but we are all different, I have travelled around a lot of Australia and realised there are some beautiful places, to me Melbourne was very much like the UK, but in Cairns it's paradise, I love the FNQ.

When do you go back? :hug: Kate

We're flying on 3rd July, I should really start packing everything up as I know OH won't know where to start but I'm so upset at the moment I don't have the energy. I've only told my best friend in the UK we're on our way back, I don't want a big fuss when I get back as I don't know how I feel once me and the kids get there. x

Guest The Pom Queen
We're flying on 3rd July, I should really start packing everything up as I know OH won't know where to start but I'm so upset at the moment I don't have the energy. I've only told my best friend in the UK we're on our way back, I don't want a big fuss when I get back as I don't know how I feel once me and the kids get there. x

Does your husband like Oz or does he want to go back as well? The reason I ask is that you could go back, see how you feel and then decide rather than having to make a huge decision when you are so delicate.

Does your husband like Oz or does he want to go back as well? The reason I ask is that you could go back, see how you feel and then decide rather than having to make a huge decision when you are so delicate.

He's been all over Australia and does like it, unfortunately he was offered a job in Sydney and he said this would never have been his first choice. I've never been to Australia before now and because I've had my fingers burnt once, I would be really really scared to chance moving somewhere else just incase I end up feeling the same as I do now. I know that probably sounds really silly, but that's the way I feel at the moment.

Guest guest68546

Irrespective of the amount of money you may have, if you're not happy, you're not happy. if after having given it careful consideration and mapped out the alternatives, there is no point enduring a situation to keep others happy or to simply prove a point. Good luck.

I've really tried hard to give NSW a go but it definitely isn't for me. Been here almost 8 months and I've never laughed since I got here. My 2 children (11 and 9) aren't happy either, they can't get used to not playing out and they feel quite lonely. We've had some amazing experiences but we're definitely ready to go back to the UK.

My husband went ahead and booked the flights this morning, he will have to stay here for a while - we're unsure as to when he will be able to return. Even though it was OH who booked the flights for us, will we still need signed forms for the kids to go back with me?

The kids and I are happy to be going back, but I feel so numb at the moment not knowing when I'll see my husband again. I feel so confused, anyone else felt the same as me?

Hi Soozan,

I know how your feeling, I'm leaving in 7 weeks time back to Northeast UK. I've been here in NSW nearly 2 years by the time I go. I wanted to leave last year, but my son is in year 12 now and finishing his HSC.

So I leave my husband and Son here until November and travel with my daughter who will start year 6 in September. I thought it would get easier but the longer I stayed the harder it was. I'm sure your doing the right thing if your heart is telling you it's not for you. I couldn't see myself as an old lady here, I miss family and everything the UK has to offer, the beaches are beautiful here, but if it not for you it's no use hanging around. I hope your back with your family soon.

Take care

Desperado

Hi Soozan,

I know how your feeling, I'm leaving in 7 weeks time back to Northeast UK. I've been here in NSW nearly 2 years by the time I go. I wanted to leave last year, but my son is in year 12 now and finishing his HSC.

So I leave my husband and Son here until November and travel with my daughter who will start year 6 in September. I thought it would get easier but the longer I stayed the harder it was. I'm sure your doing the right thing if your heart is telling you it's not for you. I couldn't see myself as an old lady here, I miss family and everything the UK has to offer, the beaches are beautiful here, but if it not for you it's no use hanging around. I hope your back with your family soon.

Take care

Desperado

Good luck to you, you're a far stronger person than I am - I couldn't of lasted 2 years.