Cost of 20 or 40 foot shipping container

Guest serendipitee

We used OSS Worldwide who team up with Anglo Pacific this end. It cost $6,300 for a 20ft container from Queensland.

Just got my 1st quote in from them.............................recovering from chest pains brought on by the quoted price..........

I am Melbourne to Scotland - suffice to say that the price is VERY SCARY.............I honestly thought they were taking the p*ss............................:nah:

More quotes tomorrow......................hopefullly someone will come up with a reasonable price

Just got my 1st quote in from them.............................recovering from chest pains brought on by the quoted price..........

I am Melbourne to Scotland - suffice to say that the price is VERY SCARY.............I honestly thought they were taking the p*ss............................:nah:

More quotes tomorrow......................hopefullly someone will come up with a reasonable price

I found OSS very expensive too, although my friend used them and thought they were ok-different state.

Chess were the cheapest by far for us.

We are still getting quotes. Unfortunately it seems that we are getting ripped off, whatever we do. Most quotes for a 20 foot container are $8,500 - none of the big companies will let us pack ourselves. The other option is through 'Across the Ocean' shipping who quoted $6,500 if we packed & loaded ourselves. The price is great but the problem is finding a removalist to help load our stuff that charges less than $120 an hour! We would need two men for about 6 hours ... which equates to $1,440!!!

For those reading this that are coming out to Oz and not sure if they can find a job, here's your answer - set up a removal company.

• 1 month later...

Just reading payment options for www.wwcf.com.au -

We used our credit card to pay for our shipment to OZ, very straightfordward, just paid the balance off straight after using the card. We used this method as it was convenient and simple.

Seems wwcf don't give you this options unless i skipped that part.

Has anyone returing to UK used a cc for payment.

Thanks sunni

Guest Ph0en1x
Just reading payment options for www.wwcf.com.au -

We used our credit card to pay for our shipment to OZ, very straightfordward, just paid the balance off straight after using the card. We used this method as it was convenient and simple.

Seems wwcf don't give you this options unless i skipped that part.

Has anyone returing to UK used a cc for payment.

Thanks sunni

On the left hand side you will see a "Make a payment" red button, once clicked it will ask for a ref number, you just need to enter your card details. I assume the ref num is given to you on your quote

Guest Ph0en1x
Thank you. Can't believe i missed it lol

I think they charge something like $90 p/h loading time, we anticipate we can self load with a removal company in 3 hours