taking new white goods in container

Guest jimpy

hi there ,can anyone tell me how much customs charge you for taking new fridge freezer and washing machine etc to auz in container , i take it it's a percentage of the value of the goods , anyone know what the percentage is , and would it be cheeper to buy in auz , any info most appreciated ,best regards jim:huh:

hi there ,can anyone tell me how much customs charge you for taking new fridge freezer and washing machine etc to auz in container , i take it it's a percentage of the value of the goods , anyone know what the percentage is , and would it be cheeper to buy in auz , any info most appreciated ,best regards jim:huh:

can i ask why you are taking these items brand new ?? have you used them already or are you just buying to bring with you ?? ...in which case you are as well waiting till you get here ...i bought whirpool front loader for $500 [after cashback] and you can get a decent sized fridge / freezer for around $700 ....if you having been using them already ...how would customs know they were under a year old ...unless you tell them of course :wink:

mrs keily

No idea about percentages but they charge import tax on items less than 12 months old.

You could unwrap the washer & pretend you've had it for more than a year?! I think they are fussy about fridges & would want to inspect. Your shipping company should be able to advise you better.

Bear in mind you get a rebate from the Aussie Govt if you buy a water efficient washer here - thats if its still available, not sure.

can i ask why you are taking these items brand new ?? have you used them already or are you just buying to bring with you ?? ...in which case you are as well waiting till you get here ...i bought whirpool front loader for $500 [after cashback] and you can get a decent sized fridge / freezer for around $700 ....if you having been using them already ...how would customs know they were under a year old ...unless you tell them of course :wink:

mrs keily

700 bucks thats a beer fridge lol, got fridge freezer for 1400 here alreet tho and uk fridge for beer when i get a garage to put it in, tho if you have decent gear in the uk fetch it especially washers and dryers cos it will be out of the way in the laundry room not the kitchen so if it is new a few little cosmetic touches on the sides can weather em a bit , cant find the shreddie knitter in kalamunda tho

700 bucks thats a beer fridge lol, got fridge freezer for 1400 here alreet tho and uk fridge for beer when i get a garage to put it in, tho if you have decent gear in the uk fetch it especially washers and dryers cos it will be out of the way in the laundry room not the kitchen so if it is new a few little cosmetic touches on the sides can weather em a bit , cant find the shreddie knitter in kalamunda tho

gumtree is wonderful lol ...thats where we found the shreddie knitter as well :twitcy:

mrs keily

hi there ,can anyone tell me how much customs charge you for taking new fridge freezer and washing machine etc to auz in container , i take it it's a percentage of the value of the goods , anyone know what the percentage is , and would it be cheaper to buy in auz , any info most appreciated ,best regards jim:huh:

The more the £ to $ rate keeps dropping the more it makes sense to take new stuff out to Oz if you need to buy it. If you are only taking one of everything new I would doubt that anyone would check to see how 'new' the item is.

Now if you had 12 Miele hoovers (double the price in Oz) you might not get away with that.:cool:

Archived