saving for the move

anlopa

Hi,

:GEEK:We are in the early stages of the TRA / visa process and know that we will have to sell our house to make thee move affordable. We have the credit card bills like everyone and need to save as much money as possible to make the move viable.

We have a savings account that has been sat there with its £5 balance for the last 6 / 7 years (since the kids were born funny that) so in our effort to start raising money we have taken the following tasks.

Swapped car insurance saving £30 per month

Swapped house insurance saving £15 per month

Swapped energy supplier saving £10 per month

Kids having school dinners saving £20 per month

Changed credit cards to 0% saving £100 pre month (oh my god)

Shopping wisely with shopping list and a budget saving £100 per month

No more takeaways saving £90 a month

Car up for sale swapping for a banger (08 peugeot 307sw if ya want to buy it) this will pay credit cards off.

Sold items (ebay) around house that gather dust £360 last week more up for sale at moment:biglaugh:

Set up D.D to savings account of £250 per month

Paying off extra £110 on credit card

Banked ebay money

The savings account looking better already we are an average 2 plus 2 family and have spent the last week / weekend shopping round the internet. The savings are out their to be had after all gas / elecy is the same where ever you get it from same as the other stuff like insurance. Only thing that is difficult is the shopping thing we did a shop on Saturday the kids were running around shouting “this is cheaper” must have looked right skin flints but why not

As a compromise for not going out and the lack of takeaways we have bought season tickets for Alton Towers so we only have to find a packed lunch and so fuel for a family day out. We love the place

This is me rambling on but I wanted to share this with you all

Have fun

anne

Hi Anne, what a great post,

Im sure a lot of us wouldn't think about changing insurances etc, Its great that you will have a good savings fund..

I will get o/h to read this later and maybe he can look into doing the same!!

Thanks again x

well done its a start, With everything takin into account....TRA, PRACTICAL ASSESSMENT (OTHER HALF MACHANIC), VISA ITS SELF , POLICE CHECKS, MEDICALS, mIGRATION EXPERT(MONEY WELL SPENT) SHIPPING EXPENSES, FLIGHTS, AND CUSTOM CHARGES IT COST US ALTOGETHER ROUGHLY 15,OOO POUND.oNCE WE ARRIVED, WE BOUGHT ALL OUR FURNITURE FROM FANTASICFURNITURE.COM AND BOUGHT A CAR SO ITS AN EXPENSIVE THING TO DO BUT WE ARE HERE NOW , AND YES WE SOLD OUR HOUSE TO FUND US TO GET OVER, CLEARED ALL THE DEBTS ON CREDIT CARDS AND CAME TO START ALL OVER AGAIN.gOOD LUCK We left the uk 30th november and we get our shipment tommorrow yippy all our personal belongings i think they have been round the world twice havnt seen our stuff since 3rd of november (6-12 weeks we were told ) hmmmmm

Archived