Equivalent of chlid benefit??

jen140977

Hi all, I know that child benefit can we claimed for the first 12 weeks when out of the UK, but what / is there an equivalent in OZ. Would we qualify immediately on the 189 visa?

I have looked on Oz gov website and seem to be confusing myself even more!!

Any advice much appreciated as always, thanks.

Hi all, I know that child benefit can we claimed for the first 12 weeks when out of the UK, but what / is there an equivalent in OZ. Would we qualify immediately on the 189 visa?

I have looked on Oz gov website and seem to be confusing myself even more!!

Any advice much appreciated as always, thanks.

you can not claim child benefit for the first 12 wks as you are leaving UK pernamently - you can only claim for 12 wks if you are leaving the country for death of family member or medical treatment or 8 wks if on holiday or on business. Since you are leaving UK on a PR visa none of these apply.

Agree with the others. You should notify them you are leaving the country and when and the payments will cease in line with the date you depart. If you don't notify them and carry on receiving payments past the date you left and then notify them later, they reclaim back any overpay. Its not worth the hassle IMHO.

Here its Family Benefit Part A and B , A being the higher earner,B being for the lower earner. The amount varies depending on your income,i think if you earn over around $120k you get nothing. If you do qualify its worth having as you then get the school kid bonus payments etc which helps a lot towards new uniform, books etc.

Cal x