working holiday visa

Guest Stu1980

Has anyone visited Aus on a working holiday visa and ended up staying and getting residency? If so how did you do this? This is a route l intend to take. Painting and decorating is my trade and hopefully l intend to find a sponsor while im there. :D

28th December im off!! :D

Stu

• 2 months later...
Guest wendyanne
Has anyone visited Aus on a working holiday visa and ended up staying and getting residency? If so how did you do this? This is a route l intend to take. Painting and decorating is my trade and hopefully l intend to find a sponsor while im there. :D

28th December im off!! :D

Stu

Dear Stu, its not that easy, if you are lucy enough to get a sponser, you will still have to go back to the UK, to then come back on a different visa, I know all this because of the daughter, you can work on the harvest trail, picking fruit pruning etc, this has to be done for 3 months, this will then give you an extra years visa. So in a nut shell you can come into OZ on a 12 month working visa, this allows you to work 6 months with any employer. It also depends on where you go I am only speaking for Adelaide. So you could stay in OZ for 2 years, your best bet is to find a Aussie girl and marry her, but I am sure you would still have to go back and come in again on a different visa, they dont make it easy :!:

cant say I am 100% on this info, maybe 99%

Good luck Wendy

Archived