Just in, via the MIA:
The Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) has released the new Points Test for General Skilled Migration (GSM), available here and through Commonwealth of Australia Law here.
Some major changes include:
- The bundling of qualifications and work experience to achieve the majority of points;
- An increased of the GSM age limit to 50 years of age;
- The inclusion of two additional recognised English language tests;
- The degree of relationship between sponsor and applicant now determining points awarded for sponsorship;
- Sponsors now must be Australian citizens of at least five years and resident of at least the two years immediately prior to application; and
- Regional family sponsors now must be residents of a designated area for at least two years immediately prior to application.
I will post an article on Go Matilda News this afternoon:
Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - News