457 to PR Processing Times

Guest MARTINI

Guest MARTINI

Hi

This may be a difficult question to answer with all of the changes to VIsas etc this year and all of the other related uncertainties.

My son and his family have been in OZ on a 457 since Jan 2008. He works for an excellent company who have really looked after him and his family. His wife is also now working.

I would also add that our 6 year old grandson has really blossomed out there, doing really well at school and he has just won 2 awards with his schools sports club.

My Son for PR with his company support in June of this year. Initially his agent told him that processing times were about 4 months. He rang the agent last week and was told that processing times was now 6 months due to a huge backlog.:biggrin:

Although he went over on a 4 year 457 he actually ended up with a 5 Year because there was a error with the length of time on his original 457. He has only been given 12 months so when the error was spotted at the 12 month period he was given another 457 for 4 years.

Of course he has applied for PR for the added security. I know that there are no certainty's with any Via app but hopefully they will eventually be successful.

Also is there any Government dept that he can ring to see how far his visa application has gone?

Regards

Guest guest17520

If you are asking how long it will take to process an ENS 856 visa then it depends on which office the application is lodged at. If it's the Parramatta (Sydney) office then you can expect to wait 6 - 7 months. If you submit to either Melbourne or Perth then they can get processed in anywhere between 1 - 5 months.

I applied for mine in Sydney on the 30th March 2010 and they contacted me for the first time 2 weeks ago saying I forgot to include a police check with my application, which I am 100% sure that I did include it. Either way they have asked me to do it again and it will take between 30 - 90 days to get.

See this thread for others waiting for their visas:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/85049-ens-121-856-visa-timeline.html

Guest MARTINI
Hi

This may be a difficult question to answer with all of the changes to VIsas etc this year and all of the other related uncertainties.

My son and his family have been in OZ on a 457 since Jan 2008. He works for an excellent company who have really looked after him and his family. His wife is also now working.

I would also add that our 6 year old grandson has really blossomed out there, doing really well at school and he has just won 2 awards with his schools sports club.

My Son for PR with his company support in June of this year. Initially his agent told him that processing times were about 4 months. He rang the agent last week and was told that processing times was now 6 months due to a huge backlog.:biggrin:

Although he went over on a 4 year 457 he actually ended up with a 5 Year because there was a error with the length of time on his original 457. He has only been given 12 months so when the error was spotted at the 12 month period he was given another 457 for 4 years.

Of course he has applied for PR for the added security. I know that there are no certainty's with any Via app but hopefully they will eventually be successful.

Also is there any Government dept that he can ring to see how far his visa application has gone?

Regards

Hi All

Just to let you know that got a call from my son today and he and his family have been granted PR. He submitted his application in June via the Paramatta office.

Guest ohaileagain
Hi All

Just to let you know that got a call from my son today and he and his family have been granted PR. He submitted his application in June via the Paramatta office.

what date in June did he apply, and was it paper based or an e-lodgement? I applied on the 17th June to the paramatta office, but still no word! :SLEEP:

Archived