Do I put Aus citizen children on spouse visa application?

Guest rache&matt

Guest rache&matt

Hi,

I am applying for my spouse visa and have a query if anyone can help me.

We have 2 children both of whom were born in UK but are also Australian citizens.

Do I put them on the application form as they are not part of the visa application but are our children!!! If you know what I mean!

Thanks for any help in advance

Rache

Guest GeorgeD

Yes, you do need to mention them. And it's important that you do!

You need to include them in the Children not migrating section. If both of you mention them in your respective forms, this is the only way DIAC officially know you have the children together. If neither of you mention them then you don't have any kids, if only one mentions them then they are only children of one of the partners. "So what?" you may ask, they don't need a visa...the fact you have them together is actually evidence of your relationship! It will also make it much easier to get a permanent visa rather than the two year temporary one.

They are NOT included in the "children migrating" section, as you rightly say, if they have Australian Citizenship, then they are not migrating.

I'm in the same boat and haven't put our son down as he is an Australian citizen. I'm hoping it may help our application (who knows, even speed it up????).

Guest GeorgeD
yes we put him on the application but not as a migrating child.

That's correct. He's not migrating, but he is a child...and he's also evidence! It sounds really cold and heartless, but having a child together means you can have a subclass 100 rather than 309, so permanent rather than temporary. If you don't mention him on the form, then "officially" he isn't a child of the relationship!

Are there any examples of where this may of helped the timeline of the process? Months apart from my partner and son are not an appealing thought!

Guest rache&matt

Thanks for those replies, I did email immigration, twice, but got two different answers!!!

Will my husband need to get a police check if we are going with children?

Guest GeorgeD

If your husband is the Australian, he won't need a police check if they are his children...if one or both aren't then yes, I think he does need one done in Australia - something to do with people with convictions of offences against children not being able to sponsor a partner with children not from the relationship.

I am not too sure if the application forms have changed since 2006, but there was a section on the form that asked whether I had children and what nationality they were. I certainly included their birth certificates and copies of thier aussie passports, I submitted my forms by hand and was told to go back a week later, this i did they granted me pr on the spot.

Guest rache&matt

OK. I got an answer from Aus house, for anyone out there wondering.

You have to declare the kids in question 38, but as they are australian already they are not officially migrating with you, so for the question "are they migrating with you" you put no.

Archived