student visa medical examination

Guest rob191186

Guest rob191186

hey guys....just a quick question. applying for my first student visa and just wondering what this medical examination is i need? I didnt have to get one for my working holiday visa's so why now? what does it involve?

thanks

hey guys....just a quick question. applying for my first student visa and just wondering what this medical examination is i need? I didnt have to get one for my working holiday visa's so why now? what does it involve?

thanks

Hi

If you are applying from the UK you do not need to have a medical done.

Emma

Hi

If you are applying from the UK you do not need to have a medical done.

Emma

Might want to double check this as I had to get a medical for my student visa, as did my hubby & two girls who came on the visa as dependents, that was at the end of 2008 for starting in Feb 2009. The medical was pretty straight forward, quick examination, x-rays and bloods and of course the piddle in a bottle test, nothing to worry about.

I went on a student visa last year and was informed by DIAC that is applying from UK no medical was required. I did not have a medical and was granted my student visa no problem.

Emma

Hi Emma do you know if it depends on the course you are studying & in which state. We had to pay for meds & x-rays for the 4 of us (2 adults & 2 children). Oh I was doing Diploma of Community Welfare at Geelong, Victoria. I also applied from UK.

Its a bit annoying to think that I was told we all needed these and had to send them with application to DIAC. Has anyone else experianced this?? Its not as though they were cheap, plus we had to travel from Aberdeen to a Drs in Glasgow as no one in Aberdeen could do an electronic transfer of the medical notes/x-rays. We needed to get them sent asap.

Maybe an age thing, me being a mature student!!!!! lol

Lorna

Hi Emma do you know if it depends on the course you are studying & in which state. We had to pay for meds & x-rays for the 4 of us (2 adults & 2 children). Oh I was doing Diploma of Community Welfare at Geelong, Victoria. I also applied from UK.

Its a bit annoying to think that I was told we all needed these and had to send them with application to DIAC. Has anyone else experianced this?? Its not as though they were cheap, plus we had to travel from Aberdeen to a Drs in Glasgow as no one in Aberdeen could do an electronic transfer of the medical notes/x-rays. We needed to get them sent asap.

Maybe an age thing, me being a mature student!!!!! lol

Lorna

The course you are studying is the reason you had to get a medical done! /if you are working in care, etc you must complete.

Emma