Medical & PCC - 2nd Request Advice?

thekevjones

I lodged my VE-175 visa back in July 2008

DIAC request that I have my medicals & police checks done back in Dec 2008. They were done, sent, delivered and signed for in Sydney on 20th Jan 2009.

Since then I've heard nothing other than change in process stuff!

NOW - 18 months later, I've recieved the same RFI asking for the same info, medicals and police checks.

As you all know mediacls are NOT CHEAP. Several hundred pounds.

I also appreciate they expire, after say 12 months but is that my problem?

Has anyone had this same issue and can you advise how was it handled?

Any comments appreciated...

Kev

I lodged my VE-175 visa back in July 2007

DIAC request that I have my medicals & police checks done back in Dec 2008. They were done, sent, delivered and signed for in Sydney on 20th Jan 2009.

Since then I've heard nothing other than change in process stuff!

NOW - 18 months later, I've recieved the same RFI asking for the same info, medicals and police checks.

As you all know mediacls are NOT CHEAP. Several hundred pounds.

I also appreciate they expire, after say 12 months but is that my problem?

Has anyone had this same issue and can you advise how was it handled?

Any comments appreciated...

Kev

Hello, kevjones

I know that is too much expensive but you are lucky my friend, if got any letter from DIAC then confirmly you have CO sencond time I thnik you have to submit medical & pcc soon then you will hear good news soon.

Reagrd's

jackd.:notworthy:

Lucky maybe but I certainly don't see mcuh logic coming from them. And I also expected good news last time I spent several hundred and submitted the docs.

Anyway my response was fairly generic and inconclusive:

Dear Client,

Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

Our records indicate your case officer requested some documents on 20 September 2010. To date there is no indication that these documents have been received. Once you have received these documents please provide a scanned copy or certified copy to the address provided in the request letter. Medicals are only valid for 12 months.

Case officers will periodically check on your application to ensure that any documents received are attached to your file. Once your case officer has processed the information you provide they will contact you and provide further instructions.

Please note there can be delays of up to 2 weeks between documents being received and updated on our system.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Yours sincerely,

General Skilled Migration

Department of Immigration and Citizenship

To which I replied....

Thank you kindly for you previous response.

I uploaded my police documents onto the electronic visa portal on 3/2/2009. I can see them there now. You should also.

As for my medicals, they were sent directly by the examining panel doctor, as instructed by DIAC to the Health Operation Centre in Sydney. I have evidence of these arriving and being signed for on 20th January 2009.

At this point my visa should have been granted without delay as my responsibility had been honored at the time it was requested?

Guest Gollywobbler
But where is this realistically going...has anyone out there had a similar issue?

Hi Kev

It sounds like the usual clerical incompetence that is so beloved of the civil service, to me.

I would phone the ASPC if it were me and ask them to confirm whether or not they are now finalising your visa application? If they are then they can find out who your case officer is and can give you the name of the CO and can confirm which visa processing Team this CO is a part of. What is the e-mail address for the relevant processing team?

Personally I would also tell the clerk very firmly that you will not be fobbed off because DIAC has already caused you to waste one lot of money, so this time you want some proper confirmation, from somebody authorised to provide it (ie not the junior clerk who has answered the phone) that DIAC do not simply intend to waste your money again.

These clerks can all do a proper job when they try but it is up to the caller to insist that they try, you will find.

Cheers

Gill

Thanks Gill

I really appreciate your words of support, advice and encouragement.

I know it appears like incompetence, which is part of the frustration.

I have the name of the first CO (Denise Sayers) who requested the docs back in Dec 2008.. The email came from adelaide.gsm.documents@immi.gov.au

The recent CO (Bianca Kerr) also requested the same docs 10 days ago on 20th Sept 2010. This email came from adelaide.gsm.team2@immi.gov.au

It's all here in black and white.

I have a number: +611 300 364 613 - is this the number you recommend I try? Since it is Adelaide, +8.5 hrs from BST I need to call between 1am and 7:30am UK time....

I spoke with the ASPC....

They have my old medicals and PCC's, that is clear.

They admitted that time has passed and the docs have expired. Also that I could complain, but doubt I'd get anywhere without a good case. Making that case is undefined and my experience seems to be common but they don't seem to take that into account, despite the extra expense.

I could complain but for what. I now have a CO assigned and that can only be a good thing, due to some recent government priority changes.

Despite the fact it grates me to spend another 700GBP I still think I'd be happy to secure the visa and finalise this thing once and for all, before they change there minds again!!

Unless anyone has any other bright ideas?

Cheers

Kev

Guest guest41018
Lucky maybe but I certainly don't see mcuh logic coming from them. And I also expected good news last time I spent several hundred and submitted the docs.

Anyway my response was fairly generic and inconclusive:

Dear Client,

Thank you for your email in relation to your visa application under Australia's General Skilled Migration program.

Our records indicate your case officer requested some documents on 20 September 2010. To date there is no indication that these documents have been received. Once you have received these documents please provide a scanned copy or certified copy to the address provided in the request letter. Medicals are only valid for 12 months.

Case officers will periodically check on your application to ensure that any documents received are attached to your file. Once your case officer has processed the information you provide they will contact you and provide further instructions.

Please note there can be delays of up to 2 weeks between documents being received and updated on our system.

We appreciate your patience in this matter.

Yours sincerely,

General Skilled Migration

Department of Immigration and Citizenship

To which I replied....

Thank you kindly for you previous response.

I uploaded my police documents onto the electronic visa portal on 3/2/2009. I can see them there now. You should also.

As for my medicals, they were sent directly by the examining panel doctor, as instructed by DIAC to the Health Operation Centre in Sydney. I have evidence of these arriving and being signed for on 20th January 2009.

At this point my visa should have been granted without delay as my responsibility had been honored at the time it was requested?

Correct me if I am wrong, but you did your medicals at their request in January 2009 and they didn't grant you a visa soon after that ? As far as I was aware, the priority processing only came into place in September 2009, didn't you follow up the matter soon after submitting medicals and PCC ? I daresay you'd be entitled to complain - unless the issue was a HR Form 80 Character Check, I can't see how they have a leg to stand on.

Well despite my strong letter to the DIAC my attempt seems to have failed.

They blamed it on legislation, minister priorities or whatever but it still feels a very unfair process to me.

Nonetheless I have sent them further correspondence suggesting that should I get NEW medicals & PCC's in order that they promise to grant my visa without delay. Waiting a response on that...

The drama continues....

Guest guest41018

Did you complain to the Global Feedback Unit or the Commonwealth Ombudsman ? The GFU isn't likely to yield much ? Government departments (everywhere) are notorious for giving out glib generalisations in the hope that it pushes you away. Did you ask them which piece of legislation was the issue specifically and why did it apply to you and nobody else ? Did you ask them how many other UK-based (I assume) applicants have had to wait up to 9 months after medicals/PCCs prior to the priority processing arrangements of September 2009 ?

I say pursue them further.

I only complained to the ASPC DIAC.

The legislation they refer to were changes to the GSM priority processing arrangements for 2009-10 BUT having looked at my records I only received this letter in June 2009, which meant they sat on my application (post meds/PCC's) for almost 5 months (Early Feb to late June) AGAIN more reason to complain further?

I think I should have another go suggesting I've talked to an established and respected Migration Agent who have suggested I have a very strong case and I am therefore taking the issue to the independent Commonwealth Ombudsman in Canberra.

I'm just slightly nervous though that I may p*ss them off and they won't ever grant my visa!!

Cheers

Kev

Does anyone know what the management hierarchy is like at the ASPC?

Obviously all case officers have a manger. So who is more senior than a manager?

Who would care or fear the threat of taking a visa application case to the Commonwealth Ombudsman in Canberra? Anyone? Or will they just roll there eyes and go, we have another one here....?

Archived