Category 3's & 2

Guest Lynne x

Guest Lynne x

Can someone please explain the difference with category 3 & 2, i'm a staff nurse on sol and have submitted my application to Diac 2 months ago and have heard nothing from them as yet. I have applied on a 175 visa. This is probably a really obvious question but i've searched DIAC website and still have no idea,thanks for any help with this,xxx:biggrin:

Guest Midlanders

HI

I'm no expert at all this, but been going through the process now nearly 2 years and been on critical lists, wanted list etc etc.

Cat 2 currently is basic people who have got employeer sponsorships and applied for this relevant visa. (As you are a nurse you most likely can get one of these visa so easily and get a job offers + all the perks that go with it)

Cat 3 175 PR visa or 176 SS visa's currently sit in cat 3 - this means that their occupations are on the SOL list, of which I'm hearing they are now processing 08 lodgements still, so god nows how long it will take to get to ours (june 09), but everyone who's lodged these visa are again waiting for the new SMP's to come out.

Once these SMP's come out ( supp sept 10) and your occupation is on these new state migration plans, these visa subgroups suppose then to move to a cat 2 as well. (really in demand)

Hope and pray we are on that as we changed from 175 then change/applied for state sponsor due to earlier changes .... now got SS in Jan, then its changed again and now waiting for these lastest hoops to jump through.

Hope this helps

Judy & Darren

Guest smithys
Can someone please explain the difference with category 3 & 2, i'm a staff nurse on sol and have submitted my application to Diac 2 months ago and have heard nothing from them as yet. I have applied on a 175 visa. This is probably a really obvious question but i've searched DIAC website and still have no idea,thanks for any help with this,xxx:biggrin:

Hi,

Currently there is no Cat 2, as at the moment, this Catergory is 'SMP' - State Migration Plans. These are occupatons nominated by a State for sponsorship, thus giving the applicant opportunity to faster processing. The States and DIAC have yet to agree and ''sign off'' these plans and given the uncertainty of the Oz government at the mo, they might not be finalised for some time. No one knows which occupations will be on the SMP's either!! So as it stands Cat 2 does not exist!

Furthermore if you want to be considered for a States SMP you need State sponsorship (subclass 176) I think I'm right in saying you can no longer change subclasses now, so if the SMP's were to be released you would have to pay for a new application if your occupation was on your chosen states list - which being a nurse I should imagine most States will require your trade.

So, as it is DIAC are processing Cat 3's currently. I think they are up to May '08 !!!! So you can see there is a lot of waiting being done! I think DIAC have stated that all 175 SOL applications submitted after July'10 aim to be finalised by Dec'11.

There is a thread running relating to Cat 3's. It is run by 'GGX0X0' If you check it out it will give you a good idea of the situation with Cat 3's - it's an excellent thread and well run.

I know all this may sound disheartening and confusing but things are moving albeit slowly!

Also I am not an expert and someone may be able to advise you better. With your trade being in such demand in Oz you may hear sooner??!!

Don't worry about not hearing from DIAC, we submitted almost a year ago and never heard a peep!!! As long as they've aknowledged your application with a TRN (transaction reference number) you know that you're application is in and the money received!!

Hope this helps and lots of luck.

Rose xx:wubclub:

Hi Lynne,

you will have your answer on this link What's New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration please read Priority Processing Arrangements for General Skilled Migration Visas – 19 July 2010

Priority processing 1 = Category 1 (ENS Applicants)

Priority processing 2 = Category 2 (SMP Applicants) not yet

Priority processing 3 = Category 3 (SOL on Shedule-3 Applicants)

Priority processing 4 = Category 4 (All Others Applicants)

To address processing rank DIAC is using "Priority processing" and we are using "Category" word so, both are same.

I hope it will help you to clear your doubt.

Regards,

Guest Lynne x

Thanks Pinal, Rose and Judy & Darren, you guys have made this much clearer for me and i appreciate you all taking the time to put me in the picture.Granted,im not loving the picture you have shown me,(lol) but its better to know im in for a long wait.Im sure you guys felt this disheartend when you realised the processing time was soo long.Thanks again Lynne xxx

Archived