RSMS timeline

Guest Rangerider33

Guest Rangerider33

Hi everyone,

So after 5 years in Australia on numerous different temp visa's, I have a permanent application lodged, now the waiting begins....

My current visa is nearly off so I will wait offshore, I really hope it won't be long!

Could anyone share any times lines for RSMS or visa's lodged at Paramatta please? My time line is below

x

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest torren

Hi, not sure how many of us are going for RSMS visas, you may not get a huge response! Anyway, my timeline is similar to yours:

27/4 - job offer

13/5 - employer nomination submitted

10/6 - approved

28/6 - visa application lodged (Melbourne)

Waiting for CO....

Sorry this isn't much help as I'm in a similar situation to you but questions about RSMSs never seem to get much of a response, so thought I would let you know you're not alone!

Guest Rangerider33

Thanks for your reply Torren,

It is most definatly good to know I am not alone! Keep me update on your progress will you? Our time lines are very similar! Where is your job offer in Victoria? Are you offshore now?

Guest Sunshinefreedom

Hi everyone, having lurked on the forum for a while hoping to find anything related to RSMS visas it is great to see a thread at last!

We are about a month behind those who have posted so far, our timeline is:

RSMS 857 (onshore) visa and nomination lodged together on 22/07 (Paramatta)

Receipt of Application on 26/07

Now waiting!

Rangerider, I saw on another of your posts that you are heading to Byron Bay? We are just down the coast in Ballina, interesting to see another RSMS so nearby. What is your occupation if you don't mind me asking?

Hope to hear from more RSMS, it would be good to know what the wait is like at the moment...

:unsure:

Guest Rangerider33

Hi Sunshine freedom, great to hear from you! So you are lodged at Paramatta also... all i know so far is that it is taking 3-6 moths due to backlogs as you probably know already. You're in Ballina too!! I am actually living in Tintenbar, although I am leaving tommorow morning back to the UK (Manchester) while my app is processed, I'm really sad to be leaving. My occupation is Fashion Designer, I am working for a Byron Bay clothing label, lovely job :D you? Do keep in touch if you hear anything, I will also x

Guest Sunshinefreedom

Don't envy you going back to the UK! Will keep fingers crossed that the backlogs clear quickly so we can all get on with our lives! Hubby is a diesel mechanic working in Lismore- he is the one being sponsored, I am looking for work in special needs childcare/disability care sector, but no-one is interested in employing you before you have permanent residency, as no doubt you have also experienced in the past?!

Anyway, hopefully you will enjoy your UK stay and be able to reutrn quickly when the visa is granted :smile:

I'll let you know if we get any more news, safe travels...

Guest zzzsianzzz
Hi, not sure how many of us are going for RSMS visas, you may not get a huge response! Anyway, my timeline is similar to yours:

27/4 - job offer

13/5 - employer nomination submitted

10/6 - approved

28/6 - visa application lodged (Melbourne)

Waiting for CO....

Sorry this isn't much help as I'm in a similar situation to you but questions about RSMSs never seem to get much of a response, so thought I would let you know you're not alone!

hi torren

how long was your contract? is it exactly 2 years? or they would only consider those that have at least 2 years at the lodgement period?

its quite critical as im hearing different stories

Guest geokat

Hi all, very interesting reading your posts as I have started looking into the RSMS visa.

My situation is:

*Applied for a working holiday visa to move with my girlfriend to Aus (both british) Originally the plan was to live and work for six months, see if the lifestyle suited us then kat would apply for a 175 but then immi took primary teaching off the skills list so we were pretty gutted! :(

*I secured a full time job 3 months before leaving the Uk as a car parts interpreter

*Moved to Aus 6 weeks ago

*My employer didn't realise the working holiday visa has a 6 month restriction so asked HR to email a migration agent to ask if it was possible to waive the 6 month limit so I can continue working there

*Migration agent replied saying i could apply to have it waived after a temporary business visa or a RSMS visa was lodged

*I did some research on the immi website then emailled the agent asking if my job as a car parts interpreter with an apprenticeship completed in scotland would make me eligible for this visa

*She replied saying the rsms would be 'appropriate' for me and would be 'preferable' to the temporary business visa

I have printed out the info and forms to discuss with my boss on monday but just wonder if i am even eligible as most visas have a set list of jobs but I don't see a job list for the RSMS??? Don't even know at this point in time if my company will want to sponsor me!!! Don't know how they will feel about making an application to the regional certifying body and paying any associated fees. Also don't know if the regional certifying body would approve me job!!! So many ifs & buts!!!

Any thoughts based on your own experience would be gladly appreciated :)

Guest torren

Hi zzzsianzzz

I haven't started my contract yet. It's a permanent post to start when I have the visa. Sorry, I'm not sure if that helps you much.....your circumstances may be different to mine. Let me know if I have misunderstood or can help in any other way. :biggrin:

Guest Sunshinefreedom

Hi Geokat,

I have no qualification to advise you apart from having been there, done that and hoping to get the t-shirt! But for what it is worth I would say yes the RSMS is the best way forward as it gives you immediate permanent residency, which the 457 temporary visa does not. Obviously if you decide Aus is not for you then you can just leave, but at least if you get permanent residency then you have the option...

As far as your employer sponsoring you goes, I would say if they have a problem with paying the fees then you pay them. I think the RCB was around $350 and the Visa itself is about $2500 (but you would have to pay that part regardless). We have paid the fees for our sponsor as to us it is very much worth it, but you never know your sponsor may be quite happy to pay.

Your employer will need to demonstrate that they have advertised your job locally and were unable to fill it from the local labour force (this can be demonstrated by adverts or receipts from advertising and then a signed statement saying that the other applicants were unsuitable and why). They will also need to offer you a 2 year contract at a pay rate that is equal to the award rate and equal to what they pay other employees in the same position.

We found that the hardest thing was getting all the employer's paperwork together, in the end I went into the office (it is my husband who is being sponsored) and helped to prepare all the documents for them- this was definately worthwhile. From experience I would say that if they were willing to offer you the job while you were overseas and you and/or your girlfriend show willing to help with getting the paperwork together and possibly paying the fees then they will probably be willing to sponsor.

As for the job, as long as you have a full apprenticeship, and your employer writes a letter stating that a full apprenticeship is a minimum requirement for the position, and the job is in a 'regional area' (which is just about anywhere except capital cities and the Gold Coast) then the job is suitable for an RSMS visa. There is no job list for the RSMS. My husband is a diesel mechanic and his qualification is a South African apprenticeship, the Regional Certifying Body has approved it, but we are waiting on the nomination approval. A full apprenticeship is equivalent to a diploma- it says so on the Immi website and our agents have previously had visas granted on this basis. :)

I hope this is useful, do let me know if I can help any more, and good luck with speaking to your employer...

Guest Sunshinefreedom
hi torren

how long was your contract? is it exactly 2 years? or they would only consider those that have at least 2 years at the lodgement period?

its quite critical as im hearing different stories

Hi zzzsianzzz,

My understanding is that the offer of employment/contract needs to be for two years from the date the application is approved, it can be for longer but not for less.

Hope this helps...

Hi we are RSMS . not much to add to the timelines, we have been in discuassions with our employer since february but things have only recently started moving in the right direction

Employer Nomination & 47ES submitted 04/08/2010

(medicals and police checks front loaded)

Guest zzzsianzzz

@torren

Thnx, I think my situation is slightly different, I'm onshore applicant applying for offshore due to qualifying visa crappy restrictions and already commenced my 2 years work contract.

@sunshinefreedom

Hmm.. thats not a really good news as my contract has already started and the remaining period until termination is less than 2 years but on paper its a 2 years contract.

Theres three scenarios how this 2 years contract affect everything.

2 years starts after the date of lodgement of all documents like Employer Sponsorship and PR

2 years starts after the date of approval (which might take 6 months)

2 years contract regardless of above options.

If its the first 2 options, I'm pretty screwed though, as getting a extension and changing of the contract is really troublesome and I've already commenced my work which is on 2 years contract.

Guest Frantastic

Hi Everyone

We are also applying for the 119/RSMS. Our timeline is:

18/6/10 - Job Offer accepted - VIC

15/07/10 - Nomination lodged (melbourne)

22/07/10 - Nomination Approved

01/08/10 - Third stage of visa application (frontloaded) acknowledged.

Now we are in the same boat too and just waiting!

Fingers crossed!!

Guest Rangerider33
Hi Everyone

We are also applying for the 119/RSMS. Our timeline is:

18/6/10 - Job Offer accepted - VIC

15/07/10 - Nomination lodged (melbourne)

22/07/10 - Nomination Approved

Wow they turned around the nomination quickly! What occupation?:biggrin:

Guest Rangerider33

Hi zzzsianzzz,

I think that the contract for employment is to commence upon grant of the visa. Although you can be already working with your employer on a casual basis I'm pretty sure it has to be 2 years after the grant....

Guest Frantastic

Yes we couldn't quite believe it, its my husband's occupation - urban regional planner. Its so nice to find this thread as I had been trouble finding any kind of timeline on PIO. It must be even more frustrating for you waiting offshore. Whereabouts in australia were you living?

Guest Rangerider33

I was studying in Melbourne for the last 2 years and just spent the last 4 months near Byron Bay where my sponsor is. Since I'm not illegible for an onshore I had to come back to England- I just arrived this morning and already thinking about when I will be able to go back home!! Where is your sponsor?

Guest Frantastic

Ours is in Mildura - NW victoria - its actually on this hot air balloon over oz programme on itv now! hehehehe!! chances of that! awww bryon bay looks amazing....is good to know you feel like that having coming back to the UK - clearly making the right choice!

Keep us posted I'd be really interested to hear when you have a CO. Is it the case that they always get in touch with you when its being processed or not? Sorry I feel a little in the dark!

Guest Rangerider33

Oh good old Mildura, I lived there for a while a few years back fruit picking, I lived in Redcliffs. In the acknowledgment that they received my application it did say that the case officer would contact me once one has been allocated to me, although I have heard of people not knowing they had one till they were told the visa was granted! I'll keep you posted when I hear something. My app is lodged at Paramatta which has the biggest backlog at present it would seem, Melbourne are supposed to be pretty good, my agent said she has had some be turned around very quickly (weeks rather than months) there. As far as I can gather if the nomination has been approved at immi then you have a CO and the same case officer should deal with the 3rd stage. Good luck too and keep us all informed with your progress!

Guest Frantastic

Oh wow you will have to fill me on on Mildura then!! That sounds promising about Melbourne! I didnt realise the same CO would deal with the third stage! here's hoping it won't be too long then! thank you for the info! speak soon!

Guest Sunshinefreedom
@torren

Thnx, I think my situation is slightly different, I'm onshore applicant applying for offshore due to qualifying visa crappy restrictions and already commenced my 2 years work contract.

@sunshinefreedom

Hmm.. thats not a really good news as my contract has already started and the remaining period until termination is less than 2 years but on paper its a 2 years contract.

Theres three scenarios how this 2 years contract affect everything.

2 years starts after the date of lodgement of all documents like Employer Sponsorship and PR

2 years starts after the date of approval (which might take 6 months)

2 years contract regardless of above options.

If its the first 2 options, I'm pretty screwed though, as getting a extension and changing of the contract is really troublesome and I've already commenced my work which is on 2 years contract.

Does your contract have a specified start and end date? If not you may find that they won't question it, but maybe it is worth chatting to a migration agent, or getting them to reword the contract so it does not specify and end date but says 'at least two years'.

Good luck!

RSMS 119 Visa (off shore in UK) - Adding my timeline

Job Offer 8 Mar 10- Medical Administrator - Regional QLD

RCB approval 18 May 10

Post nomination to DIMA 25 May 10 (no response so far!)

Having lost patience:-

RSMS 119 Visa applied for 6 Aug 10

Front loaded PCCs and medicals (Paramatta)

Visa acknowledgement 10 Aug 10

Hoping for Case Officer soon (ever the optimist!)

Meadows73

Guest zzzsianzzz
Does your contract have a specified start and end date? If not you may find that they won't question it, but maybe it is worth chatting to a migration agent, or getting them to reword the contract so it does not specify and end date but says 'at least two years'.

Good luck!

hi sunshinefreedom,

it has a commencement date and a 2 years term but doesnt state the end date. some agents say it might be after approval,but i think those apply to offshore. I'm onshore but dont have a qualifying visa so I have to apply for off-shore which is a stupid thing to begin with, onshore applying offshore... really stupid mechanism that immigration system has in place.. as im trapped in one of the bridging visa limbos. I'm currently onshore serving through my contract.. not much info anywhere relating to this 2 years contract stuff.

And a termination clause at any time, no probation period though.. does it help or makes matter worst? lol...