Can spouse cancel my visa?

Guest kaurkaur

Guest kaurkaur

hello, well my situation is very different from u guys:( i got married in jauary2009 and came to australia on 22july2009.and now my husband used to harras me and threaten me without any reasons. he does not want me to live with him in australia anymore. he sent me back to india. i came back to india on 7th july2010.but i want to live in australia not with him but on some other basis.kindly help me for that.he threats me that he will cancel my visa.so my questions are that whether he can cancel my visa or not?we are NOT divorced yet.or can i come back to australia on this visa?and how can i get PR?please help me.

hello, well my situation is very different from u guys:( i got married in jauary2009 and came to australia on 22july2009.and now my husband used to harras me and threaten me without any reasons. he does not want me to live with him in australia anymore. he sent me back to india. i came back to india on 7th july2010.but i want to live in australia not with him but on some other basis.kindly help me for that.he threats me that he will cancel my visa.so my questions are that whether he can cancel my visa or not?we are NOT divorced yet.or can i come back to australia on this visa?and how can i get PR?please help me.

Welcome to PIO.

In order for someone to help, you will have to mention the kind of visa you are on. Someone here will definitely help you.

Your spouse cannot cancel your visa, but depending on the actual visa you hold he may be able to report the marital breakdown to DIAC and they may be able to cancel your visa.

If you were on a provisional spouse visa and there was provable domestic violence then you may be able to get PR immediately before the two years is up.

You really need to provide more information.

Your problem is that you are now in India. You would have had a stronger case if you had reported the domestic abuse whilst in Australia and talked to lawyers onshore about the immigration issue. I would suggest you talk to the Australian High Commission in India as a matter of extreme urgency.

Guest siamsusie

Welcome to PIO. There are very strict laws against Domestic Abuse here in Australia, please see the link provided

Australian Immigration Fact Sheet 38. Family Violence Provision

There are registered Mara Immigration Agents that come highly recommended on Poms in Oz and I would seriously recommend you try and make contact using your "search button".

Just because you are back in India shouldnt prevent you from persuing your perceived right of stay but you do need to speak to a qualified person urgently.

http://www.migrationassistance.com.au/

Welcome to Austimmigration | George Lombard Consultancy Pty. Ltd.

Go Matilda - Your Gateway to Australia - Australian Visas and Migration Planning

I have enclosed a few links of recommended agents you may wish to consult.

I sincerely hope you manage to sort out your problems:hug: Susie

Guest siamsusie
The FVP scheme only applies if you are in Australia.

Thank you proud Pom, much appreciated... I was actually trying to show the OP that Domestic Abuse is taken seriously by showing this link... I am also under the impression that going to any Australian HC would be inadvisable. Presentation of your case via an RMA is far more beneficial for a case like this than a DIY variety. Maybe I am wrong!

Hopefully Les Mighalls (seeing he is on line ) could clarify.. after all we are all amateurs:wink:. Best wishes Susie

Archived