Can an 'Approved Business Sponsor' sponsor anyone they want-Or HAS to be on the list?

Guest jacks

Guest jacks

So, here I am, 3rd time in Oz and determined to stay, but immigration have other ideas!

1st time was a holiday, 2nd time was a working holiday - Harvest work no less - which has enabled me to be here this time on my 2nd and final working visa.

I've excelled woking with my current employer - a main Toyota franchise employing a couple of hundred staff throughout its car, boat, caravan, finance and body shop businesses and they really want to retain my services, and vice versa, to the point where the directors are fighting my case and willing to pay any agents fees.

They are an approved business sponsor having gone down the 457 route previously for someone in a different role within the company.

However Car Salesman is not on the ENSOL. In light of doing so well, and the company expanding currently, they are more than happy to promote me to Sales and Marketing Manager (and not just in namesake), which is on the ENSOL. But as I do not have the required past experience, it appears to be a sound NO to that route.

Now someone has said to me they believed once a company had already become an approved business sponsor, they were pretty much able to employ and sponsor whoever in order to fulfill business needs. All very 'clutching at straws', but thats where I am right now!

I have another 5 months left to work here - for a diff employer - then its a skip to NZ unless a miracle happens! Any advice greatly appreciated!

So, here I am, 3rd time in Oz and determined to stay, but immigration have other ideas!

1st time was a holiday, 2nd time was a working holiday - Harvest work no less - which has enabled me to be here this time on my 2nd and final working visa.

I've excelled woking with my current employer - a main Toyota franchise employing a couple of hundred staff throughout its car, boat, caravan, finance and body shop businesses and they really want to retain my services, and vice versa, to the point where the directors are fighting my case and willing to pay any agents fees.

They are an approved business sponsor having gone down the 457 route previously for someone in a different role within the company. !

You would need to make sure that they are still an Approved Business Sponsor as just because they have sponsor in the past does not necessarily mean that the sponsorship is still current.

However Car Salesman is not on the ENSOL.

ENSOL is not relevant to the subclass 457 visa. The occupation needs s to be on the list specifically for the 457 program, which Car Salesman is not.

In light of doing so well, and the company expanding currently, they are more than happy to promote me to Sales and Marketing Manager (and not just in namesake), which is on the ENSOL. But as I do not have the required past experience, it appears to be a sound NO to that route.

Sales and Marketing Manager is on the 457 list along with a number of other sales and marketing occupations. You will however, require employment experience or formal qualifications commensurate to the occupation.

Now someone has said to me they believed once a company had already become an approved business sponsor, they were pretty much able to employ and sponsor whoever in order to fulfill business needs.

Unfortunately this is not correct. The company must nominate an occupation on the 457 list.

All very 'clutching at straws', but thats where I am right now!

I have another 5 months left to work here - for a diff employer - then its a skip to NZ unless a miracle happens! Any advice greatly appreciated!

In order for the company to sponsor you for a 457, they must nominate an occupation on the list for the program and you will need to have the relevant qualifications or experience for the position. Depending on your education and employment background it may be possible.

Guest jacks

Well thanks for that, it does appear migration is not going to happen for me, well atleast not for the next forseeable few years.

I have a licence to sell cars, thats all you need to get into a sales role. I was also a health and fitness manager back in the UK for a while, but I don't believe that will count towards time spent in a vehicle sales and marketing role.

As for sales and marketing manager, I think i'l have to embark on some evening college learning to bump up my job-specific qualifications.

Archived