Category 3 or Category 2 For Those States Without A SMP?? Please Help!!

Guest qualmberger

Guest qualmberger

For those GSM visa applicants with current state sponsorship for those states which have yet to publish their SMP, will they be category 2 or category 3 in terms of priority processing??

My own view is that every state sponsored applicant who is on the SOL will currently be cat 3 amd when the SMPs are published this will either bump them up a category or leave them where they are.

For those GSM visa applicants with current state sponsorship for those states which have yet to publish their SMP, will they be category 2 or category 3 in terms of priority processing??

My own view is that every state sponsored applicant who is on the SOL will currently be cat 3 amd when the SMPs are published this will either bump them up a category or leave them where they are.

So far no state has released their SMP. Which State have you applied for ? Exactly as you said it, if your occupation is on that State's SMP, then you go up to Priority Processing 2. If not, then you remain where you are.

Guest dragsterwish
So far no state has released their SMP. Which State have you applied for ? Exactly as you said it, if your occupation is on that State's SMP, then you go up to Priority Processing 2. If not, then you remain where you are.

Interestingly, I'm wondering how DIAC is categorising the SS holders now. There could be 2 scenarios:

1) Without the official announcement of the SMP, they are just putting all SS holders into either Cat. 3 (if they have occupation on the new SOL) or Cat. 4 (those whose occupation isn't on the new SOL). When the SMP is out, they will re-sort.

2) DIAC already know the occupations on the State's SMP(though not announced yet), and they are putting all SS holders whose skill is on the SMP into Cat. 2 and those not on the SMP but in the new SOL into Cat.3 and those not in SMP & new SOL into cat. 4. In this way, there's no need to re-sort again.

Either way, i believe DIAC cannot hold back the release of the SMP too long as these group are meant to be the priority group (behind Employer sponsored). Having said that, DIAC has always proven us wrong. Nonetheless, given the Election period, DIAC would be more prudent in ensuring that no undue delay in the approval of the SMP as they risk pressure from the State & industry lobby groups who are crying out for the release of SMP to address their skill shortage problem.

Guest JK2510
Interestingly, I'm wondering how DIAC is categorising the SS holders now. There could be 2 scenarios:

1) Without the official announcement of the SMP, they are just putting all SS holders into either Cat. 3 (if they have occupation on the new SOL) or Cat. 4 (those whose occupation isn't on the new SOL). When the SMP is out, they will re-sort.

2) DIAC already know the occupations on the State's SMP(though not announced yet), and they are putting all SS holders whose skill is on the SMP into Cat. 2 and those not on the SMP but in the new SOL into Cat.3 and those not in SMP & new SOL into cat. 4. In this way, there's no need to re-sort again.

Either way, i believe DIAC cannot hold back the release of the SMP too long as these group are meant to be the priority group (behind Employer sponsored). Having said that, DIAC has always proven us wrong. Nonetheless, given the Election period, DIAC would be more prudent in ensuring that no undue delay in the approval of the SMP as they risk pressure from the State & industry lobby groups who are crying out for the release of SMP to address their skill shortage problem.

Hi Dragster,

It wouldnt surprise me if it was scenario 2- ie; Cherry pick the ones that DIAC possibly know who are on SMPs and go from there??

Do you think the processing announcement will be made this week or will they drag that out for months??

I also thought that the ENSs were processed in a different centre(i maybe wrong on this!) If it is different centres then we may fet some movement soon!!

Guest qualmberger

Ho Ozzieland,

I have been sponsored by by Victoria, was on the CSL which has now been revoked, i had my medicals and police check completed a few weeks ago upon request of my case officer, so im just waiting at the moment to find out what happens next. Just hoping that my occupation is on the SMP whenever that is released

Ho Ozzieland,

I have been sponsored by by Victoria, was on the CSL which has now been revoked, i had my medicals and police check completed a few weeks ago upon request of my case officer, so im just waiting at the moment to find out what happens next. Just hoping that my occupation is on the SMP whenever that is released

If you were CSL, and had a CO already you will most likely be processed very soon.

Guest linxinkai

If you was CSl and got CO already, then nothing to wrong about

Im in the same situation,and got reply from CO that once I provide request infomation he will finalize my case.

Guest qualmberger

Im in the same situation,and got reply from CO that once I provide request infomation he will finalize my case.

When did you get that response from your CO? Seeing as the CSL has now been revoked and that the new priority processing effects everybody who has applied, even those in the final stages of processing (including you and me), there is still a chance that our occpations may not be on the SMPs which would instantly mean cat 3 processing. I don't see how your CO could say that.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest intellect20

Hi linxinkai,

What is your occupation? and how do you know about the below.

Archived