Working Holiday Visas?

Guest Gary mclaughlin

Guest Gary mclaughlin

Hi everyone

i am moving to Melbourne in November with my fiancee and our friend.

I am a Plumber/Gas Engineer , Claire has just graduated in forensic science and Tanya is a photographer. we had planned to get a holiday visa, get part time jobs and looking for work in our chosen professions when we arrive including any licences we may need.

Are we insane to do things this way or is there a better way?

thanks

Gary

Hi everyone

i am moving to Melbourne in November with my fiancee and our friend.

I am a Plumber/Gas Engineer , Claire has just graduated in forensic science and Tanya is a photographer. we had planned to get a holiday visa, get part time jobs and looking for work in our chosen professions when we arrive including any licences we may need.

Are we insane to do things this way or is there a better way?

thanks

Gary

Hi Gary,

As this is the only best way to enter Australia .If u chose the other way which we did, u will have to wait for long. So this would be the best way....Good Luck.

Hi Gary,

Coming out on a working holiday visa is fine, and a good way to meet potential employers, provided you have enough money to support yourselves if you don't find work straight off.

However you need to think about what visas you're planning to get afterwards. I'm pretty sure plumber/gas engineer is on the skills list, but have no idea about Forensics or photography. If you or your fiancee can get sponsorship, then the other would be able to be part of the visa application as a dependent, regardless of whether you qualify for your own skilled visa or not. So you could get a long stay 457 employer sponsored visa, or maybe even go straight onto an employer sponsored PR visa. Your friend would need her own sponsored skilled visa.

good luck with everything

RockDr

Archived