Skills Assessment - what does it mean?

Nats

Hi everyone,

Im currently on a 457, but as soon as all the fuss dies down and new applications are being considered I'd like to apply for the 175.

Just wondering if someone could explain the skills assessment for me? Im a Nurse.

I never had to do much for the 457, sat the IELTS and applied for registration with the nursing board in WA and that was all. Reading between the lines, it appears to me as though all I need is UK reg as well as reg here, plus my IELTS and that should be sufficient?! NO?? I want to have all my documents in order before applying, so if I have completely misinterpreted what is required for the skills assessment would someone kindly point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

Natalie

Hi everyone,

Im currently on a 457, but as soon as all the fuss dies down and new applications are being considered I'd like to apply for the 175.

Just wondering if someone could explain the skills assessment for me? Im a Nurse.

I never had to do much for the 457, sat the IELTS and applied for registration with the nursing board in WA and that was all. Reading between the lines, it appears to me as though all I need is UK reg as well as reg here, plus my IELTS and that should be sufficient?! NO?? I want to have all my documents in order before applying, so if I have completely misinterpreted what is required for the skills assessment would someone kindly point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

Natalie

Hi Natalie

Skills assessment is assessing your qualifications and or work experience to meet the requirements for immigration. Each occupation has a different body wherein you have to send your documents / certificates and in return, you get a result. For Nurses, the Assessment body is Australian Nursing and Midwifery Council (ANMC). Check out their website www.anmc.org.au and you will know their requirements. As far as I know for Nurses, Academic IELTS with 7 in each band is a requirement. When did you do your IELTS ? There is a two year validity period. However I am not sure if the Certificate has expired, you have to do it again ?

Thanks Ozzieland,

passed the IELTS in October, overall 8.5, and I have my transcript of training + degree certificate to hand. Registration with NMBWA is soon to be extended to AMC therefore I dont think theres anything to worry about. I just expected there to be more to it.

Nats

Archived