GSM 175/176/475 last minute applicants - please add your details

nickyc88

Prior to yesterday's suspension, quite a few of us managed to lodge applications and are now sitting with fingers crossed, touching wood etc etc hoping our applications are accepted. There's also been speculation about how quickly [or not] these applications may be processed.

Please could you add your details below and update on your progress? I'll start...

Names: David & Nicky [he's the applicant]

Visa Type: 176 QLD sponsored

CSL: yes

Job: .NET Developer

Progress: got the TRN number and they've taken our money...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Cazanne

Names: Cazanne

Visa Type: 176 NSW sponsored

CSL: NO

Job: Financial Adviser

Progress: got the TRN number and they've taken my money...

Guest bwanas

Names: Richard & Sharon

Visa Type: 175

CSL: YES

Job: Accountant

Progress: got our second application in (a paper app) and acknowledgement by DIAC with the time at Friday, May 07, 2010 10:34 PM..........:shocked:

Now we wait and hope......

Guest ouseun

very lucky i did it on 6 may

boilermaker

s/s wa 07/2009

tra 10/2008

ielts 03/2010

now the long wait

Hi our agents lodged for us with 40mins to spare. We do not have a trn numberyet, so are praying! unless our agent has this. Or do DIAC send this direct on lodgement. We are a bit worried to say the least. Hope tohave some news tomorow.

Any one know the score with trn etc?

Thanks

Hi our agents lodged for us with 40mins to spare. We do not have a trn numberyet, so are praying! unless our agent has this. Or do DIAC send this direct on lodgement. We are a bit worried to say the least. Hope tohave some news tomorow.

Any one know the score with trn etc?

Thanks

Our agent sent ours about an hour after she lodged. I'd ask your agent for this - then you can look online

Nicky

Names: Pete & Claire (Pete applicant)

Visa Type: 176 Family Sponsored (will switch to SS when ACT SS comes through, been waiting 6 weeks)

CSL: No

Job: Applications & Analyst Programmer

Progress: got the TRN number and they've taken our money... and, we have logged on and it says Processing Commenced 07/05/10

Thanks

Claire

Guest Rob c

Name: Rob

Visa Type: 176 Victoria State Sponsership

CSL : No

Job : SMW (sheet metal worker)

Progress :Lodged on the 07/05/10. Have TRN number and uploaded all documents today! Ready to go for them tomorrow morning!

Hi Nicky, the time we finalised the online app was 10.01 pm EST so we did it with just 2 hours to spare.

However, when I was looking at the Immi site yesterday I noticed that they had the following info under their "Planned Maintenance Info":

Planned system maintenance

To allow us to continually improve our systems, online services and products, there will be planned system maintenance on the following days:

Friday 7 May 2010

From 11.30 pm Friday 7 May to 1.00 am Saturday 8 May 2010 AEDT (GMT + 10).

The following systems may become unavailable during the above times:

eLodgement (eVisa and Citizenship)

Should you receive a 'Server 500' error message during this time you are encouraged to try again after 1.00 am on Saturday 8 May 2010 AEDT (GMT + 10).

So, even though they were saying MIDNIGHT to get the apps in, they really meant 11.30 pm. So glad I didn't cut it too fine and get booted off the system half way through or even worse, just before the review at the end.

Me and the OH consider ourselves to be very lucky this time round. We've had a few knocks in this process over the past year and I am sure the road ahead will be a bumpy one too.

Fingers crossed for those of us who did just squeeze in there.

Claire

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi Nicky, the time we finalised the online app was 10.01 pm EST so we did it with just 2 hours to spare.

However, when I was looking at the Immi site yesterday I noticed that they had the following info under their "Planned Maintenance Info":

To allow us to continually improve our systems, online services and products, there will be planned system maintenance on the following days:

Friday 7 May 2010

Should you receive a 'Server 500' error message during this time you are encouraged to try again after 1.00 am on Saturday 8 May 2010 AEDT (GMT + 10).

So, even though they were saying MIDNIGHT to get the apps in, they really meant 11.30 pm. So glad I didn't cut it too fine and get booted off the system half way through or even worse, just before the review at the end.

Me and the OH consider ourselves to be very lucky this time round. We've had a few knocks in this process over the past year and I am sure the road ahead will be a bumpy one too.

Claire

Hi Claire

Thanks for the above. There will be an almighty rumpus about the final 30 minutes.

It makes the Minister and his senior officials look absolutely incompetent when they said midnight but plainly forgot to tell the people who look after the e-visa system to scrap their maintenance plans for that 30 minutes.

The formal complaints about the inconsistency between what DIAC said and what DIAC did will be heaping up, I imagine.

Cheers

Gill

Guest YJ WOO

Is it possible how many backlogs they have as of 7th May ended by monthly basis and category as well? If it is possible, we would be able to foresee how they process .....

Claire

I really feel for the people who missed out because of DIAC's awful communication. Likewise we feel lucky this time. We were about to lodge last time when the MODL was pulled so we do know how this is for those who have missed this time. I'm sure this isn't the end of the upheaval though.

I checked today and nothing has changed. I'm not expecting any positive moves, but was checking to make sure they weren't processing a refund!! :skeptical:

Nicky x

We got lodged!!! Overseas emigration have been fantastic so a big thank you to them. At first they had 40 mins but due to a hitch and After a frantic run around they got us lodged at 11.29pm oz time. The system closed secounds after they recieved confirmation. So now we wait for the smp, But what a relief !

Simon, Barb & Katy

Landscape Gardener

GSM Lodged 07/05/2010 (Just)

TRN Number

Aplication status / Procesing

Has anyone had their applications returned? I was a bit worried for a while but starting to breathe a bit easier now!

Am hoping we're not affected by the new SOL. My OH's skills look like they're on there [i think] but it looks like a badly thought through process!!

Guest Gollywobbler
Is it possible how many backlogs they have as of 7th May ended by monthly basis and category as well? If it is possible, we would be able to foresee how they process .....

Hi Y.j.Woo

There was a meetng in London late in 2009 between David Wilden - DIAC's Regional Director for Europe - and 5 PiO Members.

To start with, Mr Wilden said that he couldn't see any reason why the public should not see detailed breakdowns of the figures. He said that he would get the figures from Australia and would pass them on.

Mr Wilden's colleagues in Canberra refused to let us see the figures. The message came back to me that some patronising officials in Canberra had taken it upon themselves to decide that I and the remainder of the public would find the figures "too confusing" or some other idea that was equally rude. Even an Aussie official in Canberra is not too stupid to work out that if you insult somebody else's intelligence, they will never let you live it down and they will complain about it - and about you - to anyone else who will listen.

However the Official Word from DIAC in Canberra is that the Public are too stupid to understand figures that actually belong to the Public, not to DIAC in Canberra, so DIAC won't release any figures unless they are forced to do so.

It is extreme cowardice in their part in my view, but there we are.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler
Has anyone had their applications returned? I was a bit worried for a while but starting to breathe a bit easier now!

Am hoping we're not affected by the new SOL. My OH's skills look like they're on there [i think] but it looks like a badly thought through process!!

Hi Nicky

I am aware of 3 cases where the agents had prepared the on-line applications but when they agents tried to submit the applications, they found that the on-line system had packed up, half an hour earlier than planned and stated in DIAC's FAQ about the GSM suspension.

The agents can prove that they tried to submit the applications before the cut-off time of midnight AEST. They can also prove that they then e-mailed the ASPC before midnight AEST. It was impossible for them to telephone anybody senior at DIAC at almost midnight on a Friday night.

One of the aggrieved applicants tells me that at present, DIAC refuse to accept that the agents tried everything what was sensible. However I don't think that the Jobsworth who tried to cling to DIAC's petty little internal "rules" is likely to get away with that.

For whatever reason, the DIAC visa lodgement system packed up a full 30 minutes earlier than DIAC had stated in their FAQ. Natural justice demands that DIAC should throw their internal rule book (and Jobworth) away in order to accept any attempts at lodgement that were made during the final, crucial 30 minutes.

Senior DIAC Officers are now involved, including DIAC's Chief Solicitor, so with a bit of luck, DIAC will accept that they must take responsibility for whatever went wrong with their computer and that they must therefore also accept any attempts to lodge applications made between 23:30 and midnight that night.

Hopefully it will be OK but there is no confirmation of that as yet.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler

Friday 7 May 2010

Claire

Hi Claire

Your beady eyes in spotting the DIAC message above may well prove to be pivotal. The message has been passed on to DIAC in Canberra because the message does suggest that their IT people took the system off line deliberately, 30 minutes before the deadline stated in the FAQ.

VERY well done to you for spotting the message about the planned maintenance. It might well save the bacon for many more than 3 applicants.

Fingers crossed!

Cheers

Gill

Hi Nicky

I am aware of 3 cases where the agents had prepared the on-line applications but when they agents tried to submit the applications, they found that the on-line system had packed up, half an hour earlier than planned and stated in DIAC's FAQ about the GSM suspension.

The agents can prove that they tried to submit the applications before the cut-off time of midnight AEST. They can also prove that they then e-mailed the ASPC before midnight AEST. It was impossible for them to telephone anybody senior at DIAC at almost midnight on a Friday night.

One of the aggrieved applicants tells me that at present, DIAC refuse to accept that the agents tried everything what was sensible. However I don't think that the Jobsworth who tried to cling to DIAC's petty little internal "rules" is likely to get away with that.

For whatever reason, the DIAC visa lodgement system packed up a full 30 minutes earlier than DIAC had stated in their FAQ. Natural justice demands that DIAC should throw their internal rule book (and Jobworth) away in order to accept any attempts at lodgement that were made during the final, crucial 30 minutes.

Senior DIAC Officers are now involved, including DIAC's Chief Solicitor, so with a bit of luck, DIAC will accept that they must take responsibility for whatever went wrong with their computer and that they must therefore also accept any attempts to lodge applications made between 23:30 and midnight that night.

Hopefully it will be OK but there is no confirmation of that as yet.

Cheers

Gill

How awful for them. But they're lucky you and others are fighting for them. And well done claireg for spotting - and copying the message!

Best wishes,

Nicky

• 4 weeks later...

Archived