Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep

Spouse Visa 175 - Help, divorce after visa granted

Hi all,

I wish to seek your advise please.

My husband is holding a visa 175 and so am I and my daughter, as spouse and children visa. We have been living in Brisbane since 2008.

Sadly me and my husband have decided to end our relationship soon. May I know what would happen to my visa as well as my daughter's visa?

We have plan to go back to our country to file divorce and do the necessary procedure sometime in August.

My question is, can I still live in Australia? What would happen to our visas?

Hope to hear from you.
      Judy

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Hi Judy

Sorry to hear that your relationship is not working, but from what I understand as you have all validated your visas you are are safe even if you get divorced. You and your daughter can remain in Australia. as can your ex husband.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Dear Ladygray,

Thanks for your concern. Come to think of it, it is not always bad to choose another way of living. Since both me and my husband agreed to make this decision.

I think you are right. Since we have all validated our visas, I just can't think how would immigration knows that we have separated.

This is just between me and my husband with our country Registrar Of Marriage.

Cheers
      Judy

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      471 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by judyzz View Post
      Dear Ladygray,

Thanks for your concern. Come to think of it, it is not always bad to choose another way of living. Since both me and my husband agreed to make this decision.

I think you are right. Since we have all validated our visas, I just can't think how would immigration knows that we have separated.

This is just between me and my husband with our country Registrar Of Marriage.

Cheers
      Judy
      If you are a dependent on a 175 visa and not on a spouse visa, which is an entirely separate thing, then there is nothing to worry about and immigration do not require updates on what is happening in your life and relationship status.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Hi Judy...as pumkin said, its just between you hubby and the court where ever you get divorced. No matter where all three of you are, the one thing to remember is that although the marriage may be ending, the role as parents never does. So for your daughters well being she has to know that she still has two parents that love her dearly and always will. If you all remain in Australia, all be it living seperate lives as adults you will each be the support for each other and your daughter will move through the teenage years into adulthood with two loving parents. Good luck and God bless.

•