IELTS skill for IT Professionals applying for GSM

Guest sumithamahesh

Guest sumithamahesh

Hi Friends

Can you please clarify if band 7 in all four modules are needed in IELTS or average of 7 would suffice for a GSM - IT applicant

Regards

Mahesh

Guest Alucard

Will you get enough points without the 7 in each module? 7 in each of the module will give you 25 points.

Will you get enough points without the 7 in each module? 7 in each of the module will give you 25 points.

I guess you are saying that IELTS gives you 25 points for visa purposes, not that 4 x 7 = 25.

Sorry, just the accountant coming out in me. :biggrin:

I guess you are saying that IELTS gives you 25 points for visa purposes, not that 4 x 7 = 25.

If you happen to be an accountant, I'm afraid you are not good at it. :biglaugh:

No wonder why DIAC keep raising bar for accountants.:jiggy:

If you happen to be an accountant, I'm afraid you are not good at it. :biglaugh:

No wonder why DIAC keep raising bar for accountants.:jiggy:

You've lost me there.

After seeing your mood, I have no objection anymore. Even a good accountant can be spared for calculating 4 x 7 =25 when he is cheerful. :biglaugh:

Actually it might be a good idea if DIAC give out points, based on the individual band score.

Hi Friends

Can you please clarify if band 7 in all four modules are needed in IELTS or average of 7 would suffice for a GSM - IT applicant

Regards

Mahesh

Hi

You mentioned that you are an IT applicant, have you already submitted your documents to ACS?

I am sitting for my IELTS to get additional points as I am short of 5 for visa 175.

Any last minute pointers as I am sitting for the English test coming weekend

Guest sumithamahesh

Hi

All the best for your IELTS. I have an average of 7.5 but got only 6.5 in Speaking module. Didnt apply for ACS review yet...confuse for how to do RPL for a SAP functional consultant...any help on that?

with regards to test, take it cool. it shd be easy..i did not prepare anything for speaking...2 days prep should make you get 8 or even 9...for other modules i dont think you need vigorous preparation...just a day or two of practice should be enough if you take it easy.

Hi

All the best for your IELTS. I have an average of 7.5 but got only 6.5 in Speaking module. Didnt apply for ACS review yet...confuse for how to do RPL for a SAP functional consultant...any help on that?

with regards to test, take it cool. it shd be easy..i did not prepare anything for speaking...2 days prep should make you get 8 or even 9...for other modules i dont think you need vigorous preparation...just a day or two of practice should be enough if you take it easy.

Can I ask what was difficult about the speaking module? I think I have spent enough time preparing

Sorry can't be of any help with RPL as I haven't looked into it at all. I bet someone on this site has more information

Can I ask what was difficult about the speaking module? I think I have spent enough time preparing

Sorry can't be of any help with RPL as I haven't looked into it at all. I bet someone on this site has more information

The speaking module for me was very interesting. They ask you general questions on your lifestyle, etc. and if you do not know much about the topic, you should not just answer with a 'I dont know'... For eg If you are asked, do you travel much... No, I dont, but I would love to travel someday and then add in whatever you like.....

Guest sumithamahesh

Hi Mansukh

Speaking module is really subjective...But I guess what the interviewer looks for is mainly your clarity in thought process, the presentation (not necessarily the English accent). Have a confident approach and you will get through it easily. All the best

Hi Mansukh

Speaking module is really subjective...But I guess what the interviewer looks for is mainly your clarity in thought process, the presentation (not necessarily the English accent). Have a confident approach and you will get through it easily. All the best

Thanks mate

Sorry I cant be any help with your RPL assessment.

Hope it all goes well though

Archived