Processing Time Difference for 176 v's 475 & changing State Sponsorship Application

surhythms

Hi guys

Dont know if anyone can help me but I just had a thought and was wondering if it was do-able.

At present we have applied for SS with the ACT (176) ASCO Code 2231-11 Systems Manager. I doubt very much that it will be on the new SOL or SMP. Fingers crossed we will hear back in the next couple of weeks if our SS has been approved.

The ASCO code is also on the SA list but it is for a 475. We havent applied for SS with SA and again i doubt the occupation will be on the SOL or SMP.

So my question is - Is there any difference in the processing times between a 176 and a 475 or would it still be a long wait for either?

The only reason we would apply for Ss with SA is to get to Oz quicker. Also does anyone know how long SS for SA is taking at the moment if you have already lodge a SS application for another state?

thanks

Suzanne

Guest VickyMel

I don't think there is any difference in processing times for the 176 and 475 - you could look on the first post on the 176 where are you now thread to check - but both seem to be being granted.

Sorry can't help with the other question - not sure how long SA take to come back re SS? Some of the states are not keen on you lodging more than one application?

Good luck whatever you decide

VickyMel

I don't think there is any difference in processing times for the 176 and 475 - you could look on the first post on the 176 where are you now thread to check - but both seem to be being granted.

Sorry can't help with the other question - not sure how long SA take to come back re SS? Some of the states are not keen on you lodging more than one application?

Good luck whatever you decide

VickyMel

Thanks VicklyMel - I really didnt think that there would be a different timeline - im clutching at straws and desperate :laugh:

Yeah the states arent keen on you doing this I know thats why we only applied for one. I think I will scratch that idea - I would much prefer a 176!

Suzanne

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Suzanne

SA would far rather that you should go and help to populate SA than that you should go and waste your population swelling abilities on the ACT!

Have you actually applied for a visa as yet? If you have applied for a sc 175 visa or for a sc 176 visa, you would have to make a second visa application and pay DIAC another $2,525 if you want to apply for an sc 475 visa as well.

It doesn't actually make any difference to (a) how long it takes for either of the applications to be allocated to a CO and (b) on how long the CO would then take. DIAC's policy is to process the application where the visa would be of the greatest advantatage to you and leave the other one alone. The sc 176 visa would be more useful to you than the sc 475 visa because the sc 176 visa would not require you to make another visa application later on.

SA publish the notion that they are taking a bit longer to process applications for SA SS where the visa applicant wants sc 475 sponsorship than they take when the visa applicant wants SA SS for sc 176 sponsorship. However I believe the difference is only about 4 weeks. The Immigration SA website has the details of the processing times.

Does this help?

Cheers

Gill

Hi Suzanne

SA would far rather that you should go and help to populate SA than that you should go and waste your population swelling abilities on the ACT!

Have you actually applied for a visa as yet? If you have applied for a sc 175 visa or for a sc 176 visa, you would have to make a second visa application and pay DIAC another $2,525 if you want to apply for an sc 475 visa as well.

It doesn't actually make any difference to (a) how long it takes for either of the applications to be allocated to a CO and (b) on how long the CO would then take. DIAC's policy is to process the application where the visa would be of the greatest advantatage to you and leave the other one alone. The sc 176 visa would be more useful to you than the sc 475 visa because the sc 176 visa would not require you to make another visa application later on.

SA publish the notion that they are taking a bit longer to process applications for SA SS where the visa applicant wants sc 475 sponsorship than they take when the visa applicant wants SA SS for sc 176 sponsorship. However I believe the difference is only about 4 weeks. The Immigration SA website has the details of the processing times.

Does this help?

Cheers

Gill

Hi Gill

thanks for your comments. We havent applied for our 176 as yet. We are waiting for our Ss to be approved by the ACT and then we are lodging IMMEDIATELY. We should know in the next couple of weeks. They are processing apps dated 15th Feb at the moment and we lodged our app on 2nd March so not long now.

I just had a thought/hope that a 475 would be quicker but we really want PR so I think the option of a 475 with SA to speed us up getting there was a very short lived idea. This is what happens to me when I take a week off work !!Plan of ACTION A,B,C come to mind followed by 10 million back up plans :laugh:

I think the best thing for us to do is stick to our 176 with the ACT and hope and wait.

Thanks again

Suzanne

Archived