Police clearance from SA

Guest geo

Hello,

I'm italian and my husband is south african but we reside in UK we both have british passport.

Not sure if anyone can help maybe some southafrican in the same situation as us.

My husband needs to request the police clearance in UK and in SA as he has been in UK for just 9 years.

He has done the fingers print and we are about to send them to SA to then get the clearance.

But how do they send them back to us?

when I called them the police clearance office in SA they said to organize a courier but when I called few courier they said that they can take the letter there but they have to organize the courier back (?)

Some of our SA friends were lucky enough to have familiy in Pretoria so they sent the document to them and then they sent them back to Uk.. but it is a long process and SA post are very unreliable and 4 way courier is going to be very expensive.. any advise?

Maybe also take a look at these threads

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/70182-sa-police-clearance-fingerprint-form.html#post591410

the first poster on this thread has recently done it - maybe try PMing them?

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/42629-south-african-poms.html#post315860

maybe also check out SAAustralia Forums (Powered by Invision Power Board) if you have problems SAs going to Oz forum.

We are in RSA and I used the normal postal service (I enclosed 2 stamped addressed envelopes) as they were not urgent at that time (most people use couriers). Ours came back in the same time as the people using couriers. 9 weeks at the time. You can contact them by email to find out if they are ready.

Potentially contact someone by email at a couriers such as DHL in South Africa - who are probably used to doing it and operate both in the UK and RSA.

There are a number of agencies that will also do it for you - but can be quite costly.

Hello,

I'm italian and my husband is south african but we reside in UK we both have british passport.

Not sure if anyone can help maybe some southafrican in the same situation as us.

My husband needs to request the police clearance in UK and in SA as he has been in UK for just 9 years.

He has done the fingers print and we are about to send them to SA to then get the clearance.

But how do they send them back to us?

when I called them the police clearance office in SA they said to organize a courier but when I called few courier they said that they can take the letter there but they have to organize the courier back (?)

Some of our SA friends were lucky enough to have familiy in Pretoria so they sent the document to them and then they sent them back to Uk.. but it is a long process and SA post are very unreliable and 4 way courier is going to be very expensive.. any advise?

Hi

I used Bunny Hop Document Services - Homepage and was really efficent and hassle free. You will however need to complete your fingerprints in the UK and can cost about £65 for the set

Regards

Archived