Advice on Parents emigrating to Australia

Guest rainyday251

Guest rainyday251

My son lives in Sydney and after visiting him my husband and I have decided to apply to move to Australia to be with my son. My husband is 59 and I am 57.

I have a 30 year old son who also wants to emigrate and as he will be the only remaining person living in the UK I understand he can also emigrate but we want to arrive in Australia together due to financial restrictions, how do I arrange this.

Is it worth going out as elderly parents and I understand you cannot do this until I am 62 and my husband 65 or preferably just go out there to work. I am a secretary and my husband is a cab driver.

Also does anyone know the waiting time for getting a visa or is it worth paying the large amount of money which costs a fortune and getting out there sooner (how long does this take). Also, if we pay the large amount do we ever get that back.

Also, I have my 92 year old mother living with me since my father's death. Obviously I cannot emigrate until the time is right so what if we get the go ahead but cannot emigrate immediately.

Sorry there are so many question but I hope someone can advise.

Lorraine

:confused:

Guest chris_mac

Hi Lorraine

Its complicated, costly and expensive to get to Austrlia as permanent residents even more so at your ages. The immigration industry is geared towards skilled young people so as you can imagine, ageing parents are not looked upon favorably. However there are ways such as the CPV which can take upto 8 years to get.

Please see link for your information.

Parent Visa Options - Family Members - Migrants - Visas & Immigration

In realtion to your 30 year old son, again his age is against him unless he is skilled and im sure you would have to be residents before he come come over on a last relli visa, if he can..

If i was you i would research everythng about the CPV and your options then discuss them with a reputable agent. There are some good ones on here.

Best wishes

Chris

Archived