De-facto travellers looking for advice.

Guest hopefullly

Guest hopefullly

Hi everyone,

Before we get started on our Australian de-facto offshore visa application we would like to get a few queries answered to decide whether our situation requires an agent or is straight forward enough to go it alone. We met whilst travelling 2 years ago and have lived and travelled together ever since. We have some documentation to support this including travel documents, email messages and even a joint bank account.

We would like to hear from anyone who has gone through with this visa who has shared a similar experience and could tell us how they found it. Also a possible agent who they found to be supportive of the circumstances.

Cheers.

My advice would be to talk your situation through with a few agents (all the decent ones give you 15-20 minutes free consultation). Would give you the best opportunity to decide whether you're happy to go it alone and if not, who you might use as an agent.

(My defacto application has been submitted. I'm using Go Matilda as my agents and can heartily recommend them).

Guest tom and laura in oz

Hey - my pommy boy friend and I met travelling in Cambodia -- we spent a grand total of 12 hours together before he left to go back to england....but he is now in mlebourne and we are doing the whole visa story.... hope it works out for you guys!! but feel free to msg me etc with any questions.....im getting a good grip on this!

where are you guys now? if still travelling im extremely jealous!!! :yes:

Archived