Skilled migration

Guest gggraham

Guest gggraham

Hi there,

I am currently completing the skilled migrant visa but according to it I only have 100 points when I need 120 to be accepted. I am 40 years old and have been working with children/youth and young offenders for many years and am qualified in this field. I have also managed a project dealing with teenagers. I have had my qualifications assessed by the Australian Institute of Welfare and Community Workers and will qualify as a welfare worker should we get into Australia. My wifes occupation is not on the sol list so we cant use her details. Is there any way I can up my scores to 120 or are we just wasting our time?

My wife also has an aunt living in Australia for many years and we were also wondering if we could use her for sponsorship?

Any comments or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Have you taken the IELTS test? Its an extra 10 points if you get above a 7 I believe. I am new to this so check it out!

Yes this is true but you would still be 10 points short. Perphaps someone else knows how to get another 10 points.

I believe your best bet is State Sponsorship as would be higher processing. Depends on your occupation and which state the occupation is required in.

Family sponsorship would take longer as it is lower processing priority.

Sure some of the more knowledgeable members on here could give more advice.

good luck

Defo got to be State sponsorship.....as mentioned above qualifying points is 100..... but to get the sponsorship your occupation must be on their "in demand" list or if it isn't prove to them that your occupation should be in demand.

Of course failing this family sponsorship would be a last hope for you, but that would take forever.....

goodluck

Carlos

Archived