just need to vent

Guest ehunt

So this is a post coz I just needed to vent some frustration. Sorry if this seems petty, but here goes. We sent off our UK Police checks on the 5th Feb. They arrived on the 8th, and the cheque was cashed on the 11th. However, we are still to receive the certificates. How long does it take to write on a certificate 'No Trace'? Cant decided whether I should be grumpy with the consistently poor Royal Mail instead though!

Guest siamsusie
So this is a post coz I just needed to vent some frustration. Sorry if this seems petty, but here goes. We sent off our UK Police checks on the 5th Feb. They arrived on the 8th, and the cheque was cashed on the 11th. However, we are still to receive the certificates. How long does it take to write on a certificate 'No Trace'? Cant decided whether I should be grumpy with the consistently poor Royal Mail instead though!

I paid for the premium service ehunt, it still took approx 14 days and I was in London. They will drop through your box dont worry:wubclub: Susie

nope - paid for the standard service. Just impatient I think. Hate waiting for other people to do things and this whole process is that from the start.

Thanks all. patience is a virtue or something!:cute:

Guest Guest31881

Someone else posted about this service a couple of weeks ago, after phoning to see what was going on they were told that due to the amount of applications, there was a delay in sending them out. Try phoning to see how long. I did last year and they were very helpful and gave me a date that they would be completed.

It is a pain, they rang and told me they had firstly lost my photo, then they rang because I had used the account I sent the cheques off, the only one I have a cheque book with and that cheque bounced that was back in January/beginning of February cheque now cleared just waiting for police checks like you I am impatient!!!

On the front of the form it states that standard service can take up to 20 days with postage etc. So I think you need to chill here, it hasn't been that long. I don't think phoning around is going to achieve anything except raise your blood pressure further. It will be here soon. Think calm thoughts. :wink:

Guest Freudian Slip

I would definitely ring them up, we had the same problem so we gave them a ring and they sorted it out for us.

Regards, Gill

Archived