State Migration Plan-What states are saying?...

cartertucker

Hello all...

I emailed WA to ask if they knew when their state migration plan would be out & this is the reply I recieved......:wideeyed:

The new State migration plan is expected to be published in the beginning of the next program year which is 1st of July, 2010.

At this point of time we are not able to commit to the occupations that will be included in the plan.

I hope this has been of assistance.

Regards

State Migration Centre

Government of Western Australia

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest KatyNick

It's rather annoying that Chris Evans didn't inform the States of his plans prior to 8th Feb. If he had, they could have been working towards their lists in readiness of his announcement rather than taking till July '10. WA are desperate for Tradies and I'm sure they want them in sooner rather than later.

It's rather annoying that Chris Evans didn't inform the States of his plans prior to 8th Feb. If he had, they could have been working towards their lists in readiness of his announcement rather than taking till July '10. WA are desperate for Tradies and I'm sure they want them in sooner rather than later.

Yes, it seems to me like it would be in the states interest to get these lists ready asap. Apparently, they are not tied to the new SOL, so I don't see why they have to wait.

Guest Susan Wareham McGrath

Hi KatyNick

Just a point of clarification - just as Chris Evans advised the highest level of state bureaucracy about the 23 September changes - which they then kept under wraps as instructed until the announcement was made last year - I'm advised states and territories were also made aware of last week's changes well before the day - as were all the DIAC Directors, and the many operational DIAC staff such as graphic designers and communications officers who prepared the communication materials for publication, for example and updated the website before the Min's announcement on Monday 8 Feb.

Sadly, it's the nature of the DIAC beast that self-interest comes before the public interest.

Personally, I wish DIAC would get rid of that stupid "People our Business" slogan - it's so obviously wrong that it leaves the agency open to ridicule.

Best regards

Susan

Guest KellyandTom

Hi all, I contacted QLD to ask about their state migration plan and the response was:

"no state migration plan has been drafted yet and hence I don't know when it can be released either. Therefore thre is no current change at our area affected by the DIAC's recent change.

I think we have to wait till the DIAC releases a new SOL list"

To me it sounds as though they are going to make any changes in the new fiancial year which will coincide with what WA has said and the new SOL list etc.

Is that how everyone elses reads it? Kelly

Guest garynhelen

It seems we are going to be kept in suspense till July!

Meanwhile, trying every suitable job vacancy to see if we can get Employer sponsorship!

I live in hope!!!!

I really really hope that you all do get some proper news soon and you are not left in limbo until July, the not knowing is far worse than anything else I so simpathise will all of you in this situation, the Government really ought to make there plans far more clear and transparant for everyone.:shocked:

Please any one explain that what actually State Migration plan? it is very useful to me and many others also.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/priority-processing.pdf

Q 9 What is a state migration plan?

State migration plans are developed by state/territory governments and include occupations that are in demand in each individual state and territory. Each state migration plan is approved by the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship. As at 8 February 2010, the minister has not approved any state migration plans.

Perhaps we need to look on the positive side of this and that perhaps if the new State Migration Plan does not come out until July then we have 5 months or so whereby the DIAC are dealing with the Cat 5 applicants now. Once this SMP list is brought out there will then be a new Cat 2 and Cat 5 could then be put on hold for a while!

So this could be working to our benefit!

Cheers

Tasha :wubclub:

Perhaps we need to look on the positive side of this and that perhaps if the new State Migration Plan does not come out until July then we have 5 months or so whereby the DIAC are dealing with the Cat 5 applicants now. Once this SMP list is brought out there will then be a new Cat 2 and Cat 5 could then be put on hold for a while!

So this could be working to our benefit!

Cheers

Tasha :wubclub:

Loving your way of thinking.....:idea:

& really, really hoping that your right.....:yes:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/priority-processing.pdf

Q 9 What is a state migration plan?

State migration plans are developed by state/territory governments and include occupations that are in demand in each individual state and territory. Each state migration plan is approved by the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship. As at 8 February 2010, the minister has not approved any state migration plans.

I have read this. but i want to know that is it necessary to take SS from state to go through this plan? or any other procedure? I know there are no any state Migration plan available right now. But when it will be available, what will necessary to do from applicant side?

I have read this. but i want to know that is it necessary to take SS from state to go through this plan? or any other procedure? I know there are no any state Migration plan available right now. But when it will be available, what will necessary to do from applicant side?

If your occupation ISNT on the new SMP.....When it comes out (which we are believing to be July) Then you will stay in Cat 5......

If your occuaption IS on the new SMP......When it comes out (which we are believing to be July) Then you will move up to Cat 2

No-one knows yet which occupations will be on the new SMP.....All applicants can do is wait & hope.....:notworthy:

Hope this helps.....:wink:

Hi guys

when the SMP comes out in July and you have already applied for your SS and your job is now on the SMP do you think they will then move you up to Cat 2 or will they keep you in Cat 5 because your SS was approved before the release of the SMP????

Ohhh i hope NOT!!

Hi guys

when the SMP comes out in July and you have already applied for your SS and your job is now on the SMP do you think they will then move you up to Cat 2 or will they keep you in Cat 5 because your SS was approved before the release of the SMP????

Ohhh i hope NOT!!

I would think you will move to Cat 2....Under the new direction

But of course no-one really knows 100% yet.....:confused:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi All

Nobody knows exactly how the new State Migration Plans will work. The public have only been told that they will come into existence and applications which are on one of the SMPs will be fast-tracked.

God knows whether the Minister, the senior DIAC people and the senior State people have thrashed out any details about the new SMPs.

The lack of proper information is appalling but is absolutely typical of the secretive DIAC. They claim that People are their Business but they are careful not to say which People. We can safely assume that they do not mean visa applicants, though, the way they are messing the applicants around every few weeks. They don't mean their own visa processing staff, either, because they get messed about just as much as the visa applicants do. The State Government Immi people must be sick to death of Minister Evans and his Merry Men too because he has mucked the States around as well and I don't suppose that DIAC is offering the State Govts any money towards creating the new SMPs.

I trust that Minister Evans realises that coming up with his fourth new plan in the space of 14 months - with a fifth new plan in the pipeline from 1st July 2010 - is having the result that Australia is attracting a terrible name on the world stage. The dithering Aussie Government is worse than the Fred Karno's Army in the way that it has proven itself to be unable to come up with just ONE viable plan and then stick to it. The Minister for Immi looks like a blithering, dithering idiot in my opinion.

Does anybody know as yet whether Skills Australia will be told to use the new ANZSCO Code for their new SOL? A new SOL is the perfect time for DIAC to kill off the out-of-date ASCO Code, it seems to me?

Cheers

Gill

Is there any Insurance Policy available against This Visa application? If yes then what risks have been covered under this valuable policy?. If No then we would suggest to minister Mr. Chris Evan that He should come up with this new police very soon because it has very big potential in market.

Guest thescore

Hi all,

from the minister's 8-Feb speech:

"I announce today that I have invited each of the State and Territory governments to draw up State Migration Plans. These plans will form bi–lateral compacts to frame the level and type of skilled migration sought over a rolling four–year period. The best plans are likely to be those that are framed within an economic development perspective."

considering the "rolling four-year period" mentioned above, the state migration plan seems to be expected also to cover the upcoming four-year period. so it may take a relatively long time for states to study the economic trend.

I appreciate if anyone could tell me that if I'm understanding this correctly?

cheers

thescore

Guest garynhelen
So am I getting confused; but surely this means that until the SMP's start to come out there is no one in Cat 2; therefore since Feb 8th until the SMP's are released all Cat 5's are Category 4?

Or am I missing something here

I like the way you are thinking! So if cat 5's are 4, then we, at cat 6 will be 5.......???!!!

So am I getting confused; but surely this means that until the SMP's start to come out there is no one in Cat 2; therefore since Feb 8th until the SMP's are released all Cat 5's are Category 4?

Or am I missing something here

You are missing something here :biggrin:

Just because cat 2 contains 0 people doesn't mean it doesnt exist. The new directive clearly states the requirements of Cat 5, and the absence of cat 2 apps doesn't change that.

Archived