Penal Clearance Question 175 in Oz

Guest mentaloriental

Guest mentaloriental

Hi I am applying for a 175 in Australia.

On the DIAC website it says that those applying within Australia should submit penal clearance with the visa app but those applying outside of Australia should wait until requested. As the 175 visa is a "outside of Australia" visa I am unsure whether I have to submit the police clearance with my application....

Has anyone else applied for a 175 within Australia and what did you do re penal clearance?

Thanks in advance!

Guest mentaloriental
We submitted our 175 application while we are in Australia without the penal clearance ...

thanks ktluu. how's that going for you? are you still waiting?

Hi I am applying for a 175 in Australia.

On the DIAC website it says that those applying within Australia should submit penal clearance with the visa app but those applying outside of Australia should wait until requested. As the 175 visa is a "outside of Australia" visa I am unsure whether I have to submit the police clearance with my application....

Has anyone else applied for a 175 within Australia and what did you do re penal clearance?

Thanks in advance!

Hi there,

You need to submit Penal Clearance and medicals at the time of lodging your application only if you have studied in australia in 2 years and applying for PR. Otherwise it is not required.

Hope this helps....

Archived