• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Migration Loophole?

patience

Exclamation Migration Loophole?

What do you think of this email below? And do you know what the loop hole is.

Subject: Migration Help

Last Weekend you attended the State Governments of Australia’s migration event. I hope you found that it helped you on your way to making the move down under. If not we have come across some interesting legislation in the immigration laws.

If you’re still interested in applying for a visa to gain permanent residency to Australia, we have come across a major loophole in the South Australia skilled sponsorship visa route. If you have a university degree then there is a very good chance that you will be able to obtain a permanent visa.

Unfortunately this loophole is soon to be removed, so we have a very limited time frame to work with. All paper work must be lodged in Australia by the 18th Dec 09. If you are interested you must contact us immediately so that we can assess whether your application will be successful or not.

Another issue surrounding migration is how and when to organise your finances. A major concern is pensions. Is it best to transfer them to Australia or should they remain in the UK?

Australia has a different tax system from that of the UK and, as a result, any UK assets, investments, savings or pensions that you may have could, potentially, be taxed by Australia.

(company name removed) has many years experience in giving UK migrants advice in both minimizing any potential Australian tax liabilities and taking advantage of any pre migration opportunities.

If you have any queries or concerns, or wish to book an appointment to see us at our office or one of our convinient locations throughout the UK, please don’t hesitate to call

Remember, if you sign up by 31st December you will pay only 15% VAT on the agreed fee, while it will be 17% from 1st January 2010.

I apologise if this email is not applicable to you, but if it is we look forward to hearing from you soon.
      Last edited by ali; 29-11-2009 at 02:38 AM. Reason: contact info removed

Title
      back to normal ;-)
      Liked
      540 times
      Rep
      OOOO I would be very very careful. I have no idea about whether there is a loophole or not, but anyone trying to get business this way should not be trusted.

Love

Rudi
      x

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      503 times
      Rep
      Loopholes, Tax Advantages etc., you can just about hear the snake oil being processed!
      Desperation! breeds all sorts of scum is my thought.
      Gollywobbler likes this.

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      836 times
      Rep
      Be careful when sticking your neck in loopholes.
      Gollywobbler likes this.
      Westly Russell Registered Migration Agent 0316072 www.pinoyau.com

Title
      Jamie Smith
      Liked
      614 times
      Rep
      They're a bit slow off the mark if they've only come across it now. It was a well known exploit, and yes, it is being closed.

Please don't ask me what it is because I don't give migration advice.
      Gollywobbler likes this.
      Regards, Jamie Smith
      Job Search assistance, Business Plans www.strategyandstructure.com.au and check this out Google Map UK migration agents

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      503 times
      Rep
      Jamie,
      Please don't ask me what it is because I don't give migration advice.
      Why so bashful?
      I've even seen you advising on immigration legislation that an RMA posted
      And you know from that no cash for comment episode you can advise whatever you like

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      1826 times
      Rep
      Gollywobbler likes this.
      Managing Director, Go Matilda Visas, www.gomatilda.com - Principal, GM Tax, www.gmtax.com.au
      Registered Migration Agent Number 0102534, and CA (England & Wales, and Australia)

Title
      Jamie Smith
      Liked
      614 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by wanderer View Post
      Jamie,

Why so bashful?
      I've even seen you advising on immigration legislation that an RMA posted
      And you know from that no cash for comment episode you can advise whatever you like
      You're the lay agent wanderer. My comments fall within guidelines given me by DIAC legal department about what I can and cannot do/say. If you were to ask them directly what you could say they would tell you not to give the advice as you have. It's only your non de plume that isolates you from investigation and prosecution. I don't use one.

I prefer to comment on the behind the scenes issues, behavioural stuff, thinking things through, reasons why things happen. I try hard not to give specific one on one advice and certainly won't direct people to high risk procedures that go like this: "Apply today, spend time and money, lose both as a result of known impending rule changes".
      ali, Gollywobbler, Rudi and 2 others like this.
      Regards, Jamie Smith
      Job Search assistance, Business Plans www.strategyandstructure.com.au and check this out Google Map UK migration agents

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      4638 times
      Rep
      Hi Patience

If a Registered Migration Agent is responsible for the e-mail that you received, the only thing that the RMA is demonstrating is his/her own woeful ignorance of the way the Aussie rules for GSM visas work. That is hardly an advertisement for the agent concerned. S/he has only just become aware of the most basic, central rules it would seem.

Cheers

Gill
      sussex boy likes this.

Title
      Jamie Smith
      Liked
      614 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Gollywobbler View Post
      Hi Patience

If a Registered Migration Agent is responsible for the e-mail that you received, the only thing that the RMA is demonstrating is his/her own woeful ignorance of the way the Aussie rules for GSM visas work. That is hardly an advertisement for the agent concerned. S/he has only just become aware of the most basic, central rules it would seem.

Cheers

Gill
      I think that company M (whose name has now been removed) is just a pension transfer organisation that has had a somewhat patchy relationship with registered migration agents over the years and shouldn't be giving advice, for reasons you can see. As such I wouldn't be surprised if they're touting. Their business will be suffering just as much as the agents' have been.
      Gollywobbler likes this.
      Regards, Jamie Smith

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast