410 visa renewal

sheffielder

Guest wanderer

Sheffielder,

410 visa renewal

Does anyone know of a good Australian medical health insurance company to use when applying to renew the 410 visa.

Does the insurance cover have to be for a full twelve months

The requirement is for ongoing health cover as shown @ Retirement Visa (Subclass 410) and ongoing really just means that you sign up with a fund and membership of funds in Australia is maintained by just making monthly payments though some funds may offer a bit of a discount for paying quarterly or annually in advance.

But if you were planning on only being here for less than 12 months at a time, you ught to still discuss absences with funds for some will provide for some cover while abroad and if you have insurance already you could also see whether they'll cover you for being in Oz and then compare costs.

www.australianunity.com.au is a smaller fund that I have been a member of for many years and I consider them to be OK though I am thinking to compare with anither called www.nib.com.au and then you could use Private Health Insurance Australia - iSelect to do a comparative search.

Archived