TRA , what does it involve and costs?

Guest woj

As the title says really. Had an assessment report thingymebob back from an agent that says we would be able t apply for a 175 or state sponsored 176. Along with it was a rough guide of costs of tra, visa, meds etc. My occupation is a maintenance fitter

Just looking to see if there was an average kinda cost for the TRA and what it actually involves? ta muchly!

Guest sassygal

I think when I looked the actual TRA assessment was $300, plus you gotta get all your documents certified (more cost)

here is their website

Overview

I have had duff information from 2 immigration agents, so I suggest you read it cover to cover and back to front

best of luck

OH's TRA assessment cost around £140 (depends on ex rate on date payment taken). But you do need to get all your documents certified by a solicitor... we made an appointment at a local solicitors and decided to take EVERYTHING in for our visa too...to get them all done at the same time and not just the docs for the TRA and this proved to be very beneficial for us... Certifiying documents isn't done through the actual firm it seems and it is the individual solicitor that charges.... ours said she normally charged £5 a document or £10 to cert a STAT DEC..... She didn't count how many items she certified and just said she'd call it £40 (I worked out after it should have been well over £100)!!

So I would recommend getting ALL your paperwork in order in readiness and hope you find a generous solicitor lol

If you are going to use an agent for your skills assessment you obviously need to factor in their costs

Hope that helps :spinny:

As the title says really. Had an assessment report thingymebob back from an agent that says we would be able t apply for a 175 or state sponsored 176. Along with it was a rough guide of costs of tra, visa, meds etc. My occupation is a maintenance fitter

Just looking to see if there was an average kinda cost for the TRA and what it actually involves? ta muchly!

Hi

My husband had a TRA done as 'Fitter' 4112-11. If you take a look at the TRA link that has been posted you will see a link to the Uniform Assessment Criteria (UAC) - you need to be able to meet one of those pathways with your training and work experience first of all.

We did the TRA without an Agent, as you have to provide all relevant qualification certificates, details of employment aswell as contact details for your training etc (something that you would have to prepare for your agent anyway). Regarding certifying documents - we had our Son's Head Teacher certify all of ours. TRA state that a certifying person can be:

"A person who is allowed to confirm documents and/or witness legal declarations under the laws of your country."

One thing I would warn you about though, is that 'Fitter' is no longer on the Qld State sponsorship list and SA are in the process of updating their list also. I'm not sure whether it is on any of the other State sponsorship lists, so unless you can secure an employer sponsorship, you may be in for a long wait ahead. With the changes announced on 23 Sep 09, we have been told that our visa is unlikely to be finalised before the end of 2012.

Best of luck. Mandy

Skills assessment via the TRA...

Price depends on the exchange rate, probably be around £180 now...

If you have an agent then they will certify your documents...

If not we paid £95 to get our docs certified by a solicitor when i applied for my ARTC and wife with Queensland college of teahers...

Goodluck...

If you need any pointers on content drop me a PM...

Archived