Getting Married in November 885 applicant

markspencer

Hi,

I am on 485 Visa currently which expires on 18/03/10 , I have allready applied for 885 ( non CSL and Non MODL and no sponsors so no priority.

I am getting married in November this year and my fiance is overseas,

What should I be doing, should I add her to my 885 application or should I she apply as a depedant onto my 485 Visa. Please I require this info asap.

Thanks

Mark

Guest wanderer

You could find yourself between the proverbial rock and hard place with the intended marriage for with your 485 visa, there is:

This visa allows you and any secondary applicants included in your visa application to remain in Australia for up to 18 months with no restrictions on work or study. During this period you may choose to:

But could be a soft rock and feather down soft place! too

for under http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/adding-family-members.htm it would seem you can add them, immi having another dip of negative vagueness with their 485 quote!

And more specifically:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/485/adding-family-members.htm

However, without your 885 visa being processed in a timely manner as you are aware I would be checking on whether in fact you will be given a long term bridging visa for on http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/pdf/faq-priority-processing.pdf @ Q13 you have one option for your 885 as being

to continue to live and work in Australia (if your visa allows) whilst you await a decision on your visa application,

Seeing as the 485 is a finite term visa, it could be that a bridging visa will not be granted, but then again it could just be Immi leaving the door open with some vagueness again.

An email query or phone call to immi on 131881 sounds like a reasonable first step.

Hi Wanderer,

Thanks for your input, I am allready granted a bridging visa when I applied for 885 on 29/08/09 but it will come into effect when my current visa(485) will cease on 18/03/09, I know I can add family members on my current 485 visa but my questions are :-

What happens if I add my spouse on 485 and then my 485 will expire on 18/03/09? or

Is it possible to add my spouse on 885 application and wether she can come to Australia while it is being processed?

Cos I cant imagine living away for freaking 2 years after getting married :(

I know I am in a mess with this rules changing every now and then : when Chris Evans wants to change it. He is so incapable of being on this position: he is screwing everyone by his so called immigration policy.

Hi Wanderer,

Thanks for your input, I am allready granted a bridging visa when I applied for 885 on 29/08/09 but it will come into effect when my current visa(485) will cease on 18/03/09, I know I can add family members on my current 485 visa but my questions are :-

What happens if I add my spouse on 485 and then my 485 will expire on 18/03/09? or

Is it possible to add my spouse on 885 application and wether she can come to Australia while it is being processed?

Cos I cant imagine living away for freaking 2 years after getting married :(

I know I am in a mess with this rules changing every now and then : when Chris Evans wants to change it. He is so incapable of being on this position: he is screwing everyone by his so called immigration policy.

• 3 months later...

Help required please,

Now I got married in December, My 485 expires in March 2010, I have allready applied for 885 in August 2009, (no csl, no modl, no priority), am expecting my PR in end 2011,

How will I be able to bring y spouse here ?

Please respond guys

• 3 months later...
Guest bhawani82
Help required please,

Now I got married in December, My 485 expires in March 2010, I have allready applied for 885 in August 2009, (no csl, no modl, no priority), am expecting my PR in end 2011,

How will I be able to bring y spouse here ?

Please respond guys

hi mark you are in the same situation as me but i applied my 885 in march 2008 and my wife is here on a tourist visa this is her second visit and this was the only option for her to come and stay with me...i guess it s the same for you. and just one more thing you cannot add any secondary applicant on your file if s/he is not in australia at the time of your lodgement.

• 2 months later...
Guest psharma
hi mark you are in the same situation as me but i applied my 885 in march 2008 and my wife is here on a tourist visa this is her second visit and this was the only option for her to come and stay with me...i guess it s the same for you. and just one more thing you cannot add any secondary applicant on your file if s/he is not in australia at the time of your lodgement.

Hi Mark n Bhawani,

I am in the same situation as you guys. I got married in Dec 2009 and still waiting for 885 application decision. Currently I am on bridging visa and applied for 885 visa in Sept 2008. Its been long 22 months wait and still have no idea how it will take to get PR.

My wife visited me here in melbourne on visitor 676 visa once and we reapplied again after 1 month and they declined our visitor visa application for my wife. Its been very frustrating for both us.

Did you guys find any solution to your problem?

Please discuss if you have any helpful information here.

Thanks

Archived