Free application Question

Guest Deauled

Guest Deauled

Hi, I just registered to this website.

I have read some replies, and see there are members with a lot of kwnolege about visas and sponsorship.

If any one could please answer me , if you know about this?

I have applied for a Visa 176 ( sponsored by my sister who has PR )and paid my fee of AUD 2105.00

I received an email telling me that my application will not be processed at this time, so I spoke to my employer who is now sponsoring me on a Visa 856.

I am a jeweller and have my TRA, Ielts, Federal-police clearance and medicals.

Do I have to pay again for my 856 or can I lodge a free application?

If you could answer me, I will appreciate it very much.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi there

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

You will be able to lodge a fee-free application for your ENS visa.

Employer Sponsored Permanent Visa Charges

DIAC will waive the $2,525 visa application charge but I do not know whether they will waive the $445 for the nomination as well.

Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 121/856)

General info about the visa - which should be read in conjuction with Booklet 5.

Which office will process your ENS nomination and visa applications?

Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 121/856)

I would use the on-line enquiry form to e-mail the relevant processing office to check the exact situation about the fees.

Cheers

Gill

Guest Deauled

Hi, thank you very much for your reply.

My first application is being processed in Adelaide.

My employer applied for a nomination number to sponsor me on a 856,

I think he applied at Perth, I am not sure.

Also, I need a formal letter of employment or contract, for 3 years.

Is it so that I am forced to work for 3 years ? what if I can get a job with more

money, or my relationship with my employer goes sour.

I just like to know what I am letting myself in for, I tried to get sponsored by my sister

in the first place, but it seems that it is going to take ages before immi will process my 176.

Thank you very much for your reply

Guest wanderer

You should have a look at the eligibility information for the visa - Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 121/856) and there is also eligibility requirements for the employer.

The issue for you being that a contract between the employer and you, signed by both is a requirement of eligibility as is having the qualifying visa and relevant experience or time with that employer etc.

The visa is PR and how long you will be tied to the employer for will be dependent on how binding the contract is, whether it is going to be enforcable by law, what penalties can be involved etc. if you want to break it etc., probably something you may want to run past a solicitor if you have some real concerns.

Do you also need to look at whether the employer is nominating for a 121 rather than the 856 for if you are still outside of Australia and then no qualifying visa applies or in Australia without a qualifying visa it will be a 121 that you should be applying for.

And if you were in Australia with a qualifying visa and apply for an 856 you could miss out on the visa free application because of the offshore/onshore categorisations, ie. - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/ens/fee-free-visa-apps.htm 176 and 121 being offshore visas and 856 an onshore visa.

Archived