Rpl for program administrator

Guest susiewoosie

Guest susiewoosie

Hi All

I am looking at the 176 WA SSV. I am 39 so time is running out fast. I have 10 years experience as Medical Administration Officer in the NHS (before that admin in various sectors). My job description is the same as Program Administrator. Now, I do not have any degrees etc, just certificates in medical terminology, business numerary nothing that qualifies to a diploma, been too busy working! Can Program Administrators gain RPL and, if so, who does this?

Am also checking out Orion but only have till end of January, when I'm 40.that would me I'm 5 points short...

Many thanks:biggrin: Susie

Hi All

I am looking at the 176 WA SSV. I am 39 so time is running out fast. I have 10 years experience as Medical Administration Officer in the NHS (before that admin in various sectors). My job description is the same as Program Administrator. Now, I do not have any degrees etc, just certificates in medical terminology, business numerary nothing that qualifies to a diploma, been too busy working! Can Program Administrators gain RPL and, if so, who does this?

Am also checking out Orion but only have till end of January, when I'm 40.that would me I'm 5 points short...

Many thanks:biggrin: Susie

I thought RPL was only for IT applicants but could very well be wrong. In terms of points have you counted doing IELTS, if you're a native english speaker its the easiest 10 extra points you'll ever get (25 for advanced, vs 15 for the basic one you'll get by default).

The RPL I did was pretty hard work, but worth it I hope!

Guest susiewoosie

Hello Freebo

you probably are right with concerns RPL for IT.. i have no idea.. took me long enough to find my nearest job description. The problem lies in VETASSESS, as I said I have no qualifications to speak only experience. Will have to go for the Orion diploma and, as you suggest, IELTS...

Thanks for you advice.. also, I have noticed that all different sites use different points calculators. Where can I find a reliable and up-to-date points system?

Thanks again....where am i gonna find the time??????

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello Susie

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

The only on-line points calculators worth bothering with are the ones published by DIAC because they are the only ones which explain the parameters used in the context of which visa they mean.

*FREE ON-LINE ASSESSMENTS!* are nothing more than marketing gimmicks designed to get you to reveal direct contact details for yourself. Think about it and you will realise that I am right. A migration agent may not be able to sell you what you want - a subclass 176 visa, you say - but a migration agent has a vested interest in direct contact with you anyway in case he can sell you some other "visa product" instead.

A Student visa, for example........

DIAC do not ask you for any details about yourself, let alone personal and direct contact details, because they have no intention of contacting you on spec and they do not want to hear from you at all unless you have a genuine reason to believe - having studied their website - that you have a realistic chance of securing the visa which you seek. DIAC's only concern is to explain what they are prepared to consider offering, on what terms. Nobody wants to have to fail a volunteer candidate.

*FREE* assessments are usually followed up by a *YOU PAY, WE ASSESS* arrangement anyway. ("We might not have a clue but we will have a bash all the same provided that you pay us to do so," is sometimes - but not always - closer to the truth!) They are rarely as *FREE* as they seem!

However, the first thing an experienced and competent migration agent would do is to ask for your detailed Cv, in order to work out what your exact occupation is according to the ASCO Dictionary, which is here:

1220.0 - Australian Standard Classification of Occupations (ASCO) Second Edition, 1997=

Click on the link above and you will see that the SOL is very small by comparison.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1121i.pdf

ASCO is divided into 9 Major Groups of occupations, which are described here:

1220.0 - Australian Standard Classification of Occupations (ASCO) Second Edition, 1997

Only occupations within Groups 1-4 inclusive can be selected for inclusion in the SOL.

Please do NOT be tempted to put the cart before the horse, here. The Case Officer who determines the outcome of your visa application is not interested in what you claim to be by way of a job-title. The CO will look at your own description of your Monday-Friday work duties and at what your employer says those duties are.

The CO will compare what you and your employer say with what ASCO says in order to determine what you actually do for a living. ASCO will rule the roost. If the CO concludes that your actual occupation is not on the SOL then no amount of Orion or any other Diplomas, degrees or anything else will be enough to prevent a visa refusal.

So let us assume that you already live and work in Oz (in which case an academic qualification would be unnecessary as long as you have enough relevant work experience instead.) What does ASCO say that your CV reveals your "Aussie Job Title" to be?

You have said:

I have 10 years experience as Medical Administration Officer

Right. You have 10 years at something in the doctor & patient support industry is what you are saying. Since you have not told me a thing except your UK job-title, I have no idea what ASCO would say that your Aussie job-title is.

Let us NOT be tempted to try to pin a SOL tail onto the ASCO donkey because this is not how DIAC do the analysis. Their approach is to determine what you actually do according to ASCO. Having worked that bit out their next step is to check whether or not your occupation is on the SOL.

So please examine ASCO and please avoid the temptation to skimp and to do this back-to-front because that is the short cut to wasting money (lots of) as well as the short cut to causing potentional heartbreak for you.

I am looking at the 176 WA SSV.

Unfortunately you are not looking at this visa, hon, unless there are relevant facts which you have so far chosen not to reveal? Like a younger OH who could be the main visa applicant instead of you?

DIAC's own points test for the sc 176 visa is here:

Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176)

It is interactive so please click on each of the links.

The WA State Migration Centre website is here:

State Migration Centre

If you are the sole or main prospective visa applicant the only GSM idea which would actually work for you *might be* a Family Sponsored subclass 475 visa provided that you happen to have an eligible and willing Relly who lives somewhere in Regional Australia and all of the different strands can be pulled together before your 4th birthday - which would need to be at the end of Jan 2010, realistically?

The timing might well already be too tight but no other idea stands a chance on the GSM front.

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 475)

Australian General Skilled Migration Booklet

The crucial difference (for you) between the 176 and the 475 is that the Sponsoring Relly brings no points to the subclass 176 party but brings 25 points to the subclass 475 party. The link below looks the same as the one above but it isn't. THe one below should take you straight to the points test for the sc 475 visa:

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 475)

A Student visa is probably the only visa option which is in with a realistic chance, I suspect, but please tell us more about why you want to migrate, why you want to migrate to WA specifically etc?

I am NOT trying to do a hatchet job on you, hob. Like DIAC, I am not trying to sell you anything. Instead believe - again like DIAC - that you should be offered a hand to strip all the smoke & mirrors out of this game so that you can understand it enough for yourself.

Profile | George Lombard Consultancy Pty. Ltd.

I am not sure whether George Lombard could add anything because I suspect that too much in the timing might be too tight, but you now know where George can be readhed if you feel he could help.

Hugs

Gill :hug:

Guest susiewoosie

Hello Gill

Thank you very much for the advice. Your point has been taken on the quote re: job title. As it was only a quick question in an informal forum, I did not feel to the need to elaborate but am confident that I have matched my skills correctly and am under no illusion that every effort will be made by the DIAC to confirm these. Also, yes, I am cutting it fine with the dates. The only reason I was interested in Orion as I do have over 23 years experience in admin but have been too busy working to gain any further qualifications. Do you not think this is a good idea? for skills assessment.

My OH is degree educated in Business Administration and has worked primarily as an Account Manager using SAP systems in blue chip companies, 1 year experience SAP Tester and at the moment, unemployed following completion of project. We think he is classed as an SAP end-user but after many months of trying to skill match, we have come up with nothing. Therefore, I am the main visa applicant. Again, your advice is very welcome!

Thanks for your time...

p.s. the reason for wanting to go Western Australia, hopefully Perth or nearby is that I have friends who have lived there for 10 years, best friends (midwife and electrician) who are going Jan 2010 and relatives (cousins who are dentists and electricians) already there. There are so many good reports from people who know people, everyone knows someone who lives in Perth and they love it, the outdoor life, heat, sunshine and good quality of life in general.

Archived