Study restrictions on bridging visa A?

Guest MejaTerbang

Guest MejaTerbang

G'day mates, I am an international student and I've just graduated from my bachelor degree here in aus last July and I have lodged in my PR application (I'm on bridging visa A now).

Right now I'm just trying to find a full time job, which is really hard...and therefore if I cant get a job by the end of the year, I'm considering to continue my study (i.e. do a masters degree). My question is, can I do full time studying under bridging Visa A??

So far I have asked 4 people, and they gave me different answers...

My migration agent and a person from Brisbane branch DIMIA office told me I can only study for 3 months under bridging Visa A and thus I need to apply for a student visa, which can only be done within 28 days after my previous student visa has expired (it expired on the 21st of Aug)

On the other hand, someone from Melbourne branch DIMIA office and an international student advisor from the university of Melbourne told me the opposite, that bridging visa A has unlimited study rights.

So I'm really confused now...does anybody know anything about this?????

Thank you very much

Guest MejaTerbang

Thank you for the reply guys! :)

Yeah I am aware that I have to pay international student rate, but it turns out the fee for local & international does not differ by that much :S

Archived